New Orleans

I don’t know the logistics, but I do know that in the Spring of 2021 we met a friend at Galatoire’s and they served the excellent bottles that he brought very nicely. I cannot speak to what arrangements he made in advance or what the charges were, but Galatoire’s is always a great place to celebrate.

1 Like

Thanks Al. Unfortunately, it’s a Monday night and many restaurants, including Galatoire’s) are closed. Another friend mentioned Saffronnola ($50 corkage fee), which looks really interesting, but also closed on Mondays.

Hi Mike- NOLA is a very corkage friendly town. 2 solid options depending on where you are staying would be Herbsaint downtown and La Petite Grocery uptown. We’ve had many great meals at both. I think corkage is $25-30. We were just at La Petite in December. They have a great Somm as well.

Another idea is Coquette. We’ve had several good meals there, and it looks like they are open on Mondays.

Not for a fancy dinner, but we also quite enjoyed Pluck Wine Bar.

Thank so much for all of the suggestions. Makes me wish we had a few more nights there.

don’t forget lunch ! I know the feeling though. We’re back in March for another wedding so will only have one or 2 free meals.

Not to thread drift… but any recommendations for wine shops in and around New Orleans?

We went on a November Saturday for lunch at Galatoire’s and were seated on the ground floor (by choice of course). Lots of big tables and a great party atmosphere.

1 Like

Nothing like a festive lunch at Galatoire’s. We did a Friday lunch the weekend N.O. reopened for indoor dining end of April/beginning of May 2021. That was a party.

Keife and Co is downtown and is an excellent shop. I usually drop in and grab some bottles. good selection, pricing and owners. Martin Wine Cellars is Uptown and Metarie and is also an excellent shop.

1 Like

If you are looking for fancy, I believe August, Chemin a la Mer, and Miss River are all open on Mondays. I believe they all do corkage, though i’m guessing it will be on the high side.

I am a fan of Coquette mentioned above, though it is a much more casual restaurant.

In that vein Lillette is also open Monday and quite good. Stanton Moore usually has a jazz trio playing nearby at the Columns hotel a few blocks away. Good cocktails. We have not had the food which seems very casual. We have done the 1st set there, then 8:30 dinner at Lillette a few times. A nice evening if you are a fan, Regular pianist Dave Torkanowski is worth it if you like that sort of thing.

3 Likes

Thanks to all for the excellent recommendations. We have a reservation for Coquette. And thanks also for the music suggestions. I’m a musician and also know a few players in town. We definitely want to support them!

1 Like

Commanders is open Mondays. It’s definitely a special occasion venue. I think corkage is $40 but you could also check out there list which has numerous, well-prced, back-vintage gems.

Good shops.

I’ll just add that a bit farther out in uptown, NOLA Wine Merchants has some really good stuff. It’s a bit smaller than Martin WC, but nicely curated.