New Orleans - Last Minute Recs

Hi all,
I’m going to be in New Orleans for a few days and have been very bad about planning meals or drinks. Any particular recommendations that do not require reservations far in advance? I know some places like Commander’s are booked up for the next month so that is not an option.

I did find the thread on New Orleans bars and am reading through that, but recommendations there too are appreciated. I will be staying near Lafayette Square.

Thanks!

This thread has lots of good info and recommendations.
https://www.wineberserkers.com/t/recent-new-orleans-eats/

I like Cochon, one of Donald Link’s restaurants.

1 Like

Was down there for Jazz Fest this past May. Some great eats! Loved Saba for Mediterranean food. Brennan’s is definitely touristy, however they have a ridiculous wine list so worth it for the list. Peche was really great. Had a good brunch at Miss River.

2 Likes

Gabrielle
Herbsaint
Maypop
Bywater Cafe
La Petite Grocery
Toups Meatery- also good lunch spot. Boudin better than Conchon imo
Rosedale- Susan Spizer new casual spot
Peche
Brennans for traditional brunch also great bar.
Atchafalaya

Domilise’s , Parkway for po boys

I also like Cochon and Saba. I have not been, but a good friend strongly recommends Neyow’s Creole Cafe.

1 Like

Really enjoyed Paladar 511.

Thanks all for the recommendations! I went to Coop’s place yesterday (excellent traditional food), Cochon for lunch today (great sandwiches and surprisingly good wine menu… had a nice lambrusco), and the plan is for Herbsaint and Coquette tomorrow.

4 Likes