New Orleans baby edition

. . .or Tipitina’s.
Surprised that you have not gotten that recommendation yet. [insert appropriate emoticon here]

Were the monster truck rallies sold out?

George

easy to bring a baby on street cars? My wife wants a rent a car to put a car seat in, I’m kinda opposed to it. Seems parking is a bit tough at most restaurants

Parking in the quarter is awful; less so elsewhere. Loading the stroller on the streetcar would take an effort but is doable. I hear that there is this app called Uber . . .

I said Uber. My wife said “I DON’T TRUST STRANGERS DRIVING MY BABY AROUND”. in all caps, but in person.

HAHAHA! Been there.

How does she feel about strangers flying your baby there?

I get to know all pilots beforehand on a first name basis [snort.gif]

Ask her if that includes the rental car bus driver, taxi drivers, etc. But do it in your head, not out loud :wink:

Will be in New Orleans this weekend. If I find any place that had Ghost In The Machine, I’ll let you know where to go.

I did stroller & streetcar. NOLA is a Catholic town, very family friendly.

I just got back from a 3 day trip where I took over a dozen uber trips. It worked fine for me but not sure I would have wanted my newborn on a couple of my trips, definitely a big mix of drivers. Not suggesting you don’t, but I was a bit surprised at the mix of folks driving.

As far as food why not just embrace the cities low brow food and relaxed atmosphere, seems like a Perfect opportunity to do a pro-boy tour, plus Willie maes, Dizzy’s, camelia (ride street car), Napolean house (warm muff & pimms cups), central grocery, cafe du monde, and definitely Butcher.

A couple did have a stroller ect at a table at Peche so they are friendly, and the whole red snapper is Killer. That said if going I’d try to go early to avoid the masses as it gets pretty crowded.

Yea our dinners are all at 5.

We ended up renting a car just so we don’t have to keep installing car seats in ubers.

Definitely will do a lot of casual eating. Walking and munching.