New Breville Pizzaiolo electric pizza oven looks kinda amazing

Damn.

That’s so awesome.

Bill, you effing rock.

(as does the Breville)

Wow, that cooked really fast.

revisiting this:

anyone besides WS selling it? or any applicable promo codes/discounts for WS?

what else besides pizza and veggies are you cooking in this?
thanks

New updated model (improved stone - BPX820) now available - looks like WS only as of this moment, although word is that it it may be available elsewhere. Price increase of $200 in US due to tariffs on Chinese imports.

I noticed the price increase, but hadn’t hard about the new stone. Which is great news if they’ve fixed the cracking problem. I conducted a poll on PizzaMaking.com and 8/12 people there had experienced a cracked stone (although some were hairlines that didn’t affect function and Breville seems to be very good about replacing). That’s the only thing that has been holding me back on buying one (although the price gives me pause too). Otherwise, it gets brilliant reviews.

That’s interesting, I know a gentleman who’s job entails overseeing the manufacture of the parts for high end small appliances in China. His quote was not specific but “all the stuff you see in Sur la Table and Williams Sonoma”. I’m sure there are many, but in a casual conversation he told me that they were not raising prices yet. They gave an ultimatum to the production companies to get prices the same by the end of the year or they have lined up manufacturing in Indonesia.

WS has it on sale for 45% off, $799. Seems a bit misleading but I haven’t tracked it’s price post tariff.

Thanks for the heads up Tom. I’m going to see if I can get a discount by signing up for their cc.

$600

https://salastores.com/breville-pizzaiolo-smart-countertop-pizza-oven?gclid=CjwKCAiA8ejuBRAaEiwAn-iJ3rvFGmgtGsrhrLpZkHLRVDtq1ZtuhduWvmSzw2y54dw-4NXM91zTCRoCqAwQAvD_BwE&options=default-title&v=5da13fdcd2e7c1000108d0b9

Thanks, that’s a great price, but what is Sala Stores? I’d be a bit nervous ordering it from someplace I’ve never heard of (also wonder if it is the updated model or not).

yea they seem sketchy. website is bare and sketchy and they sell a lot of random products, customer service email is at gmail.
id avoid.

I’m shocked you guys are so skeptical…this clearly lays out everything about the organization Loading...

lol

Bill- which temp setting do you use most of the time ?

no clue, but it either shows up or it doesn’t and it’s on a credit card in any event.

Some pros talking pizza and showing their methods on the Breville:

For Neapolitan-style: Custom mode - 625 top, 700 bottom. But note that these things make a big difference:

• 70% hydration
    Wild starter leavened - 24-hour fermentation/proof @ 62F
    225g per pizza
    11" diameter

Love the part where they are making the stuffed pizza!

Williams Sonoma has the updated model for $800 again, so I decided to try to get 20% off for signing up for their credit card. Actually, not as easy as it sounds, involving several phone calls and negotiation with the store employees, but I finally got it for $639.96 + $40 MA 6.25% sales tax = $679.96.

My advice is that if you try to take advantage of the 20% cc discount, go to the store first and discuss it with them in person (you can apply for a card there too), since no one can seem to agree whether this discount applies to this item or not.

First batch of dough is fermenting now…
IMG_5245.jpg

Nice tease. At least roast up some veggies while we wait.

1 Like