Need some new Summer Whites Recs

Assyrtiko (eg Sigalas)
Beaujolais Blanc from good producers
Macon eg Joseph Burrier Milly Lamartine
Mosel Riesling eg Loosen, von Kesselstat
SA Chenin Blanc.

I’m guessing at US
pricing I’m assuming $30 on Ontario is roughly equivalent.

I would definitely agree with this. I bought some Tercero whites during Berserker days and will definitely buy more. Excellent quaffers!

Give Ohio and Michigan wine a try. I went through half a case of Shade Winery Estate Grown Vidal Blanc (near Athens) last summer. It was crisp, fresh, and with no oak. 2 Lads up on the Mission Peninsula in Michigan is good. Try the Pinot Grigio Sparkling. St. Julian Winery Albariño Braganini Reserve is made for summer. Maple Ridge near your home makes some interesting stuff. I’m excited to try Le Petit Chevalier Vineyards in Hocking County.

Goodfellow Whistling Ridge Blanc, if you can get your hands on it.

some whites we’ll be drinking …

Terre Nere Etna Bianco
Feudi di San Gregorio Falanghina del Sannio
Gérard Boulay Sancerre Monts Damnés
Kendric Vineyards Viognier
Jean Edwards Cellars Sauvignon Blanc
and a trio of Paetra

Badenhorst Secateurs Chenin Blanc: 2019 A.A. Badenhorst "Secateurs" Chenin Blanc Swartland - SKU 1474084

Muscadet! Currently drinking some 18 of these…price still the same!

Colliano “Peneca” Sparkling Ribolla Gialla
[by the “Vinska Klet Goriska Brda” cooperative in Slovenia]

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/peneca/

The “Colliano” label also offers a still Ribolla Gialla, which is very tasty but much more serious & somber than the sparkler.

And VKGB has a downmarket label, called “Villa Brici” [about 2/3rds the price of the “Colliano” label], which includes an outstanding Sauvignon Blanc.

But the Peneca sparkler is in a class by itself - it’s my revised Wine of the Year for 2019.

Speaking of Sauvignon Blanc, if you can find a good price on the von Winning Trocken Sauvignon Blancs, then grab them [especially the “Trocken II”] - but they tend to be more like $20-$25 in many states.

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/winning+ii/

We love the 2018 Nigl “Freiheit” Grüner Veltliner. $18 and perfect for warm weather. Great recommendations so far!

Ed

In addition to many already mentioned…

Muscadet (Pepiere Briords, Louvetrie Amphibolite)
Ametzoi Txakolina
Sigilas Aa Assyrtiko-Athiri
Dönnhoff Riesling (estate)
Schäfer-Fröhlich Riesling trocken
Vincent pinot blanc

Tercero
Trimbach
Carlisle
Passaggio

Just came here to say exactly that. Strong vote for Beau Rivage. Excellent chenin blanc for a killer price.

We buy several cases of Tablas Creek Rhone whites each year for just your stated purpose. One of our wine group members is on their mailing list and we get them for around $18-$25 per and they ship for free. We love to sit on the deck on a warm afternoon with a glass.

I just discovered the white wines of Agathe Bursin in Alsace through Robert Panzer. Worth checking out at least for the QPR. Have enjoyed the Pinot Blanc and Sylvaner so far.

You are right about the Von Winning SB’s, Nathan,
Just amazing wines for their purity and concentration. Would convert even those who claim to hate SB, I suspect.

Muscadet. My go to wines are the Pepiere Clos des Briords and Jo Landron Amphibolite. Add the also very affordable Luneau-Papin Clos des Allees. Pretty sure it was Jay Miller that suggested it and glad he did.

RT

From South Africa, Landskroon Chenin Blanc is really good and a bargain at $10. And if you’re open to a little different rose, their rose of Pinotage is bone dry and refreshing.