Need a restaurant recommendation for lunch in Milwaukee

I’m going to be taking the train to Milwaukee, arriving around noon, and want to find a nice place for lunch to meet an old friend. It doesn’t have to be very fancy, but it should be good, reasonably close to the downtown Milwaukee Amtrak station, and quiet enough so we can chat comfortably…

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

The Third Ward is across the river from the train station. They have quite a few options for lunch.

I don’t eat lunch down there as much as I used to, but if it was me, I would probably go with either Coquette Cafe or Water Buffalo. Water Buffalo has outdoor riverfront seating.

If you were still around for dinner, Hinterland is great. No corkage the last few times I’ve been.

+1 to what Les recommends, Third Ward is super close to the train station with many lunch options.

Also, if you’re mobile and feel like traveling a bit further south, you can take Water/1st street until it changes into KK, at which point you’ll be entering Bay View (Transfer for pizza, Honeypie for sandwiches and other filling fare, quite few other options). And actually, you could also take Water from the other other direction and reach Brady Street even quicker for a few more options, including a few ethnic cuisine spots I enjoy for lunch (Casablanca for kick ass Middle Eastern that’s vegetarian friendly, Mai Thai for Thai).

You’re talking about Milwaukee.
Get serious. Here are your choices:

Baked Potato Cart, Bar Cart, Beers of the Wisconsin, Bernie’s Clubhouse, Big B’s Diner, Brat Boys, Brewery Hill Deli, Burrito Cart
Cactus League Nacho Cart, Catchatorre’s Italian, County Stadium Grille
Dippin’ Dots
Friday’s Beer Garden, Front Row Friday’s Sports Grill, Frozen Cocktails
GEHL Club Bar, GEHL Club, Gorman’s Corner, Gourmet Pretzel, Grab and Go!
Happy Jack’s Kettle Corn, Home Fire Grill, Home Sweet Home, Hot Corner Grill
Java by Heidi
Left Field Loge Bar, Lloyd Street Grill
Miller Lite Beer Pen, Milwaukee Burgers, Most Valuable Pizza
NYCE Stadium Club Bar, NYCE Stadium Club
PNC Club Level Bar, Pickoff Pasta, Plaza Pavilion, Popcorn Cart
Sausage Slider Cart, Scooped Ice Cream
Terrace Bar, Third Base Bar, Thirst Base

Haut Cuisine Cheese-Head Style

Thanks for the recs; I think we’ll try Water Buffalo.

Bruce