Need a good Jerk Chicken recipe.

I bought this stuff at a local supermarket. Would prefer more heat (and doesn’t contain scotch bonnet peppers), so I will add some cayenne pepper . Good taste otherwise . Brings me back to Jamaica .
897DB9EA-E723-408E-B4ED-077E139EAD4A.jpeg
204AB498-2123-4EDB-8E98-276881B0D7A0.jpeg

There is nothing I’ve tasted as good as Walkerswood. I dabbled in fresh made for a couple of years and while good i could never get it to give a depth of flavor (umami) like WW.

It is a staple in our house for summer grilling. Throw a boat load of boneless (i know but) chicken thighs in a tub and coat with Walkerswood, throw over hot coals and open a Red Stripe. The thighs and the wet sauce make it so forgiving that you could get lost for what seems like hours in your Reggae, but when you come back to that grill all is still perfect.

I will get Walkerswood next time , thanks all.

eating it now on chicken and I’m on fire. I think I smeared on too much. Next time, if there is one, I’ll dip the meat in a bowl.

Yeah, it’s legit. A little goes a long way. Mixing it with oil before application helps get good coverage without using too much product.

I did it on some grilled onions and eggplant (photo in the what did i cook thread) Used about half the jar on three small ichiban eggplants. Didn’t think it very spicey and lacked the complexity of the dry rub i usually use. The heat seemed a bit one dimensional.

I went looking for your picture and didn’t find it. I looked at every post in the thread since your post of 02/23/22. I noticed your jerk chicken picture on 3/17/22. Was it the 3/17/22 pic. you were talking about?

I searched your name in the thread, but for whatever reason I think that search didn’t turn-up all your posts in there.

Yes that sounds about right. The eggplant turned out pretty tasty, but wouldn’t describe it as over the top spicy. Should have been some photos of the eggplant on the grill. Had it with grilled tuna.
Edited to add. Looked back and that was the Jerk Chicken. Using the dry rub. I posted the photos of the eggplant here, but they didn’t save apparently. I’ll repost.

Jerk eggplant and onions with grilled tuna some mango chutney on top. . After you guys were talking about the walkerwoods I found some in the fridge. Some cabbage black beans and cocunut ginger rice too. Spiced everything up with the Chipotle Cholula.
AFBBFDF2-D481-4676-8547-C146F805F875.jpeg
720FE7E7-B793-4816-8FB4-C2D91191E6D2.jpeg
6901464B-DB7F-4050-8086-57A9A35486F9.jpeg

1 Like

Hmmm. O.K… I was going to say — the chicken doesn’t look like it had Walkerswood wet rub/seasoning on it, but you already confirmed that. Doesn’t look like much stuck to the onions; the eggplant, on the other hand, I would expect to hold the wet rub well. Perhaps you have a significantly different scoville tolerance than do I. My experience with using too much of the rub is that the resulting dish, first and foremost, is too salty, and also too spicy. But, really, if the too salty problem could be fixed, I reckon the heat wouldn’t be too much.

I thought a good bit of the walkers wood wet rub stuck to the eggplant. The grill shot shows it first going on so all the dark is rub. Eggplant absorbs salt so that wasn’t a problem. My salt tolerance is high now because of the cancer treatments from now six years ago.
I’ll admit my heat tolerance is likely pretty high.

1 Like

So I got the Walkerswood; got a jar of mild and a jar of hot .
Opened the mild first and used it. I like it , but wanted more heat. I combined the hot with the mild, and really enjoyed it. I’m thinking the hot might be a bit too much for my liking , and but will try it.