Napa Wineries With Best Views

When were u there Howard? We stopped about 7 yrs ago so not on my list again unless something new about the property.

Great view, how are wines? Modern / generic?

Nine Suns!!

IMG_0127.JPG

Truchard doesn’t have dramatic high elevation views, but they’re on a beautiful site with rolling hills that they’ll take you on a walk of if the weather is appropriate.

Their wines are also priced quite attractively and Truchard sells most of their fruit to prestigious wineries in the valley. Last time I went (winter 2015) they had just received a mixed pallet from the warehouse and it had several cases of 98s and 99s that they priced very reasonably, and since our guide hadn’t tasted one (recently, if ever) he cracked one and shared it with us.

Just remembered I have some pics from my visit…
image.jpeg
168.JPG

Barnett has great views. I also like the views at Viader

Sorry, just saw this question. The wines are like many in Napa, good, but you’ll pay for the privilege. The funny thing about this trip is we were so tired of tasting young cabs during the day that we ordered Sonoma Pinots for dinner. It was the trip that opened our eyes to some of the great Pinots of California and was our first introduction to Rivers Marie. So we went to Napa to drink Cab and we ended up discovering great Sonoma Pinots. [snort.gif]

It’s not any longer - although sometimes they will taste at mending wall. Still worth a trip, I was just there last weekend

We were there several years ago and then again in July.

Sterling Wines? with the added bonus of a cable car ride up :slight_smile:

While the wines won’t blow you away, the patio at Mumm Napa Valley is pretty cool, especially late afternoon looking west across the valley floor as the sun sets behind the mountains…