Napa, the place I care least about

Napa: Matthiasson
Napa: EMH
Napa: Corison
Napa: Enfield Wine Company

etc. etc. etc.

The OP may not like Napa wines, but his snarky dismissal completely undermines his post.

What’s worse is that he gives no reason. “I don’t like Napa because I don’t like Napa.”

Napa, the place I can least afford.

Let me make a quick retraction. I just read the OP’s other rant and he is certainly at the final table vying for Klapp Trapp status.

Having just been there a week or so ago, it’s now top of my mind. The Yin and Yang of life.

MacDonald gets released this month. On the list of things I care about.

+1 man! [cheers.gif]

2016 is the Year of the M’s - 2013 MacDonald, Myriad, and Maybach released.

Nope. Lacks the substance, wit, and linguistic skills. Whether you ended up agreeing with him or not, Bill always backed his opinions with reasoned arguments. That’s different from saying that there’s a lot going on in California, therefore Napa is boring.

Actually, there’s a lot going on in Napa too, besides many expensive Cab-based wines made by highly-paid consultants. There are others that are not made by those consultants, but that are made by committed growers and wine makers.

People don’t need to announce that they’ve “moved on” or some such. Being intrigued by some Vermentino grown on a cliff does not mean that people can’t like something else, particularly if it’s something they liked yesterday. I don’t know the OP so don’t know how widely he’s tasted, but if he’s ITB he should have opportunities to taste a lot.

As to the long threads about what Zinfandel people are drinking - just an observation but it seems that a lot of the people who feel a need to participate in every single thread are a)relatively new to wine; or b)drink a limited range of wines; or c)both. So people join WB, want to get on a bunch of lists right away so they seem like participants, and they end up drinking mostly CA wine. Then that’s what they talk about because that’s all they know. Although “know” is probably too generous.

That’s OK though. I don’t think t reflects much more than the interests of the posters. It’s not necessarily even the best snapshot of the board - a couple years ago people were suggesting that every other post was about Burgundy. Now it’s about mailing list wines. New members, different participants, no big deal.

It takes time to learn and that’s what Klapp offered. And when he laid waste to other posters for straight up foolishness, it was all the more enjoyable.

Truth. In the last 25 years the pendulum has swung from one extreme to the other particularly for cabernet.

I’d have more respect for your opinion if you had a decent palate. [stirthepothal.gif]

Yeah, Merrill missed the point. Putz

This seems to sum up more than two decades of my on and off participation on wine boards. There is a real wealth of information out there but unfortunately there is a whole lot of misinformation out there as well. Some people learn, others don’t, and many just move on. So it’s constantly changing while at the same time basically staying the same. A few years ago, something prompted me to find my old posts on one of the usenet forums, probably alt.wine, and it was ironic that many of the topics from the early 1990s were still topics today.

And what they need to know is that you don’t like Napa?

Hahahaha!

Bravo!

You forgot to tell her to “lighten up.”

Of course she knows something about you - unless your posts have nothing to do with you! neener

[cheers.gif]

Thanks for the heads up

Aren’t the Zin threads about the wines from the “they” you hold in such high regard?

Wow. After you trash her, you call her uninformed. What a horrible post. You should be apologize to her for your posting like an asshole.

+1000
(I agreed with the rest of Greg’s post too, but this part especially.)

both from piemonte? maybe the only similarity…