Napa Adventure - a 10th Anni Treat - UPDATED

If you like bubbles, we really enjoyed the tasting at Schramsberg.

And I’m assuming you just love Ridge based on two tastings that week?

I should have expected that John would be over-dressed for dinner when he admitted to shaving on vacation.

Hm, I just realized I hijacked John’s thread with my own vacation planning. I’ll start afresh.

Just got back from a few days in Yountville. Redd was closed, as in shut. Redd-Wood still open. Ate at Bottega, as we usually do. First time we were disappointed.

My wife is no big fan of my beardlet when it starts growing out. And it’s wine country! Gotta look decent!

I’m not offended. Fun seeing one of your threads get play!

What went wrong or was different? I remember a few years back when they changed the size of the “polenta under glass” but quality was still there

Timmy, I ordered the grilled octopus. The portion was smaller than I’ve ever seen it and the sauce they put on it didn’t compliment. I asked the waiter and he said it was the same greenish sauce they’ve used for years. I disagree, something was different. For the first time I didn’t want to go back for lunch the next day and order again. We ordered the pasta carbonara. It was served with black pasta and with broccoli rabe. And small serving. Didn’t excite at all.