My latest invention!

Ah, but your marketing mind has already come up with a product name!

Let me know when you need my address to send the royalty checks. [rofl.gif]

[winner.gif] What Carrie said!!!

What I don’t like about this product is that it reinforces the idea that there’s something wrong with screwcapped wines. I love the closure myself and I really like the opportunity to talk about why with consumers who don’t know much about them or the problems with cork. As difficult as it is anyway to educate people on topics (especially wine related topics) that might be foreign to them, I don’t want to see anything that makes that process more difficult. But, hey, if you can make some money off it good for you. I do really dislike seeing statements like this, though:

you don’t want to spoil it by introducing the industrial look of a screw cap wine bottle. It would be like having a wine waiter with dirty finger nails or a host with b.o.!

if you are a wino knocking back mad dog 50/50 under a highway bridge you don’t care too much about how the bottle looks

Those sentiments bother me a lot more than the product itself, which, if successful, I can respect just for that. I don’t think quality minded packaging decisions that are intended to improve the consistency of a product should be related to those types of images.