Must visit wineries Loire!

Hey everyone! I will be in the Lorie Angers/Tours/Saumur region for a week at the end October. I have scheduled visits planned for Domaine Huet, Domaine Belargus, Famille Joly, and Domaine Chamalou.

I had 5th visit planned for Clos Rougeard but I was just informed that they won’t be taking anyone towards the end of October.

Any recommendations for a 5th and final winery to visit? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Baudry!

We really enjoyed Huet and got lucky that a 3* somm was in the day before and they had a bunch of older wines open…

1 Like

I’d suggest Olga Raffault.

Here’s some other WB threads on this area:

The Loire Valley Thread - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers

2023 Summer visit near Saumur- Restaurant and Visit recs? - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers

Best tasting experience in Chinon? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Nantes (Pays de la Loire) - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers

In addition to the ones you mentioned, we had great visits at Chateau Epire (great walk in the vineyards along the river and the village bakery has a killer caramel tart) and Baumard, as well as Huet and Joly. We had also planned a tasting at Domaine Aubuisieres but when we got there the gentleman apologized that he had to leave for a family emergency and gave us a six pack to take away with us so we could still taste the wines.

Fwiw, here’s a somewhat recent wine visit in a small winery in the Loire:

1 Like