Musigny Blanc 2015

Interesting. I had a bottle bought off a wine list with a few friends about a month ago. Ours was probably on the wrong side of fully mature, to the point where several of us thought about sending it back. I’ve had the '83 and '92 but, not having much frame of reference collectively, and '90 being a warm vintage, we decided that we couldn’t really refute it being “correct” and should keep it. I’ve always enjoyed it and did this time as well, but have also found it a bit fat and lacking the nuance and tension of the best CdB whites.

lol
I figure one out of two is still pretty lucky. [cheers.gif]

Live and learn.

Hi, Barry

Would you mind share the source of this bottle? It is interesting that my friend bought a bottle, which has the same bottle number.
WeChat Image_20171018185020.jpg

Would you mind share the source of this bottle? It is interesting that my friend bought a bottle, which has the same bottle number.

David, PM sent …

Hi Bill,

The 2015 Vogue Musigny Blanc is more expensive than the 2015 les Amoureuses and the 2015 Bonnes Mares

and 2014 Vogue Bourgogne Blanc → 2015 Vogue Musigny Blanc → priced 80% up

Said the domaine.
What the merchants do afterwards, Barry, I assume is less in their control…

Are you saying the 2014 is costing more than the 2015? Or both prices have been raised by 80%

Jon, 2015 is costing more than the 2014

Phil - I am guessing we were unknowingly part of the same group at HDH? I know there was some discussion with the Som about it being “too mature”. I don’t think it was at all but I think this is very subjective. Certainly it tasted old but I thought it gained weight in the glass and it had good acidity. I think depending on what else you were drinking previous to this… I think there was some young whites floating around it might be a dramatic shift in style. FWIW I have no frame of reference for Musigny this old. I enjoyed it and I did not think it was over the hill. I am glad the cost of the bottle was split amongst a few people though.

George

Yeah, of course that’s it. I mean, how much '90 Musigny Blanc is opened in Chicago in a given month? Sorry I didn’t introduce myself.

#grandcru. #alldayeveryday

[snort.gif]

George