Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

Pretty successfully hovering around 600 bottles. Hoping to maintain that for the next decade or so…

2 Likes

November 30 here in Sri Lanka, so able to report out for the month. Not a good one. But I’ll be be headed to the US for Xmas and hope to pull a bunch of corks to improve my numbers!
In: 7
Out: 0
Net: + 7

1 Like

After drinking a stunning Christian Moreau Les Clos 2014 last month, I was unable to resist offers for the 2020 and the 2021. So:

10 in and 10 out in November.

+2
-19 for the month.

Andremily release teasing as the last buy of the year.

Up 32. This was turning out to be a great month except for those pesky three extra cases I bought.

3 Likes

November 2023

7 out
0 in

down 7 for the month
down 14 for the year
down 31 from when this thread started

I am still above my desired inventory range of 500-600

1 Like

But you’re getting close! :+1:

1 Like

Statistically irrelevant?

Good month!

Out: 20
In: 1

+22 for November
+168 YTD

Shame GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 Likes

8 men out, zero in.

1 Like

Your cellar resisting the plan.

1 Like

curious what one bottle you just had to have.

Hey Dave, I get the feeling you are posting in the wrong thread!

Cheers Brodie

1 Like

1999 Hermitage, Eric Texier (IYKYK)

1 Like

Meant for Dave Dryoff!

November: 16 out, 36 in - net 20 increase. Worst month in almost two years, but I have excuses… Bedrock winter release, Silver Mountain case special, Briceland Thanksgiving open house, and the list goes on.

In 20
Out 31

1 Like

Me too. Almost every month.

2 Likes

I didn’t track how many i consumed, but I do know that I didn’t buy (outside of restaurants) a single bottle of wine in November.

A miracle.

Although my wine-diseased brain kicked in and my first thought on realizing that I hadn’t bought anything was “Wow! That means I can go out and buy a bunch of stuff this month!”