Money!!!!! TN:2012 Domaine de la Pépière Muscadet Vieilles Vignes Clos des Briords

If only Joe lived long enough to see that. One of my favorite lines from him during the late '90s was that he hoped to one day be able to sell Muscadet for the same price as Long Island Chardonnay.

That is pretty funny.

I sadly missed out on the '12 Briords, but was able to snag the Clisson. I thought I did not really care for Muscadet until I tasted the '04 Pepiere Eden when it was 10 years old.

Envoyer offered the 2014 y/day, a mere 5 cases at what I think was 17 or 18 bucks each. I am hoping I got the email reply in on time.

Me too!

Asked for 8, so we’ll see. WTF…this stuff used to sit in stacks at Winex for about $13 a few years ago, now it’s allocated?

Bought some from Wine Library a few weeks back, they have 10 of the 2014 as of this am for $16

Bought 6 this morning- thanks for the heads-up!

P.S. Now only 3 left.

Has anyone tried the 2014 yet? I took a flyer and bought some, but with this estate, is it really ever a “flyer”?

Not the Briords but the early release Pepiere was very good.

This is that swill you brought to Smith and Wollenskys about 10 years ago, right? Do you remember the vintage? Of all the wines I have ever had, that wine got the highest rating on the Actual/Expected scale of exceeding expectations. I need to get some more. Who’s got it for $17?

Yes, although that was the 1988 Pepieres so it was already 17 years old then. I had another bottle of the '88 earlier this year and it was at least as good if not better.

I usually buy mine at Chambers.

I have to think that Greg has some sorting out to do. I suspect, as Andrew is a good example, that multiple people asked for multiple bottles of the wine and he only had the small amount to spread around.

The '14 Briords has been offered by many different retails, ranging from $14.50-$18 I believe. I picked up two cases because this wine delivers time and time again.

Since I have never had the Briords, is it correct to say the Clisson is more complex?

My experience is that it’s a little bit of a bigger, rounder wine. Whereas the Briords tends to be more mineral driven and laser focused in general, with some vintage variation. But, ymmv.

I do have two of these left: 2008 Chereau-Gunther Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine Comte de St. Hubert Château du Coing de St. Fiacre. The name is a mouthful, but at $14 a bottle a few years ago, it’s rather nice.

I agree. I’d also say that Clisson needs some cellaring, to get rid of that baby fat. The current vintage of Briords is good to go as soon as you can chill it down, but will last for quite a while at others have mentioned.

Looks like plenty of the 14 Briords is available. Will give it a whirl now just need to find some oysters.

Thanks for the reco Frank.