Millennials and Wine

Really interesting thread and I just read a lot of good observations!

The one thing I’d add is that I think a fair number of “seasoned” wine lovers, wineries and wine marketers hope to someday crack the code of selling wine to millennials but never have I seen any of them try to learn from and love this new target demographic.

1 Like

Wine travel is a biggie. When wife and I explored Napa/Sonoma, we instantly became wine “snobs” and signed up for various library memberships.

I’m not sure millenials are any different from other wine consumers, other than that most of them haven’t had a lot of experience with wines. As such the most important things are to speak to what makes your wine different and thus unique. Is it a new varietall,different approach to winemaking or a great vineyard? Speak to those with your packaging,and marketing. Remember that a big part of what is being purchased (the first time) is the preception of what you’re about created by your marketing.

Being a millennial. It was my uncle who is a wine fanatic. Once I had bottles from his collection I was hooked. The second way was hearing about other high end wineries from high end wineries I would visit.