Middle Eastern Feast

I’m so conflicted today…

On one hand, I received my jar of grilled eggplant from the 3rd party seller “Mr. Nutz” via Amazon. The idiots shipped a glass jar in a soft envelope, delivered shattered and and leaking.
My mailbox is a mess, but smells of what might have been some yummy grilled eggplant. [swearing.gif]

On the other hand, Palouse Brand really came through with $200 worth of dried beans! [swoon.gif]

the food looks great Larry

Thanks Suzanne!

Next time you visit LA, you have some great choices. In Hollywood, the best Lebanese are at Marouch and Carousel. Both are great, with Marouch having the better ambiance/decor and better meza overall. Good options throughout the area.

Thanks, David! My grandparents are (were) Assyrian and came from (then) Persia so I’ve been a rice junkie my whole life. We bake ours in butter. I found a store in Chicago that sells Iranian saffron (under the counter) which is just amazingly delicious! Happy birthday, by the way! [cheers.gif]

Nice, the kind of food we enjoy every week, though we never prepare it.

That sucks big time, but at least his nickname appears to have been accurate.

I have some good Middle Eastern grocery stores in my neighborhood; let me know if you want me to pick you up a few jars of the grilled eggplant and ship it to you in an actual, oh, I don’t know, box…

Bruce

Thanks for the good wishes, Debbie. This place you refer to wouldn’t happen to be on Foster, would it?

Thanks for the good wishes, Debbie. This place you refer to wouldn’t happen to be on Foster, would it?[/quote]

Foster & Clark (across the street from Reza’s) - I go in, ask for saffron and nod to the cash register. They store it under the change drawer. I’ll get you some if you want. I need to make a trip anyway.

Thanks Bruce; that’s very generous! I’ll think about it. For now I’ve got another jar coming direct from Amazon this time, which was a couple dollars more but probably worth it assuming the actually package it properly.

Foster & Clark (across the street from Reza’s) - I go in, ask for saffron and nod to the cash register. They store it under the change drawer. I’ll get you some if you want. I need to make a trip anyway.[/quote]

We know them well. You can usually get Iranian pistachios there as well. I never walk out if there for less that $100 (great source for Lebanese olive and grape seed oils and my daughter loves their hand pies). And the family that owns it is terrific.

We know them well. You can usually get Iranian pistachios there as well. I never walk out if there for less that $100 (great source for Lebanese olive and grape seed oils and my daughter loves their hand pies). And the family that owns it is terrific.[/quote]

Concur on all counts (even your politics!).