Memento Mori 2018 Dr Crane & Las Piedras Release Feb 9th

Allocations were much smaller this year as demand must be off the charts. Got half the allocation this time.

1 Like

In for a three pack of each. May go back for a maggie of LPV (my favorite vineyard in Napa), but on the fence. My credit card is still screaming from my Napa trip this past weekend…

Really surprised allocations were only 1 bottle each, whereas previously were all sold in 3-pks. Wishlisted for more.

Does anyone know when the offer window closes for this offering? Didn’t see that information in any of my emails or on the website. Just curious when wish requests might be finalized.

Dr. C for me, LPV left on the table for thee. Don’t like the boxes and accompanying astronomical shipping costs, but the wine is that good!

Wow they closed the offer in 24 hours- I guess demand is off the charts.

For those of you who are still looking for 2018 MM, there are some bottles still left at Wally’s for the Vanitas.

A trusted source VERY close to MM told me that its a killer value option at around $100, and the quality is still there…

Does MM sell the Vanitas direct, or is it only available through Wally’s? That’s the only place I’ve seen it.

Just Wally’s… I was offered a 3pack of each plus magnums, I go on a 48hr work bender, and then by the time I go order in the offering was closed… #RIP

I’m not sure, but I think it’s the latter. They also may sell direct to restaurants, but again, not 100% sure…

I actually have had at a restaurant in AZ. That’s about the only thing I can add.

Any details of your trip? Curious what you tasted and liked enough to buy.

How was it?

Unfortunately it was a ‘17… it gave me enough sense of what it was, a second wine, but wasn’t good enough for me to pull the trigger and buy that vintage however it did have me wanting to taste a better vintage… and assume without tasting it’s worth taking a flyer.

Hey Nick- yeah I’ve been meaning to post on CT, but this week has been brutally busy. Will do this weekend!

My wish request for 1 extra bottle each Crane and LPV was granted today.

I didn’t get either but did get offered a 3 pack of the ‘18 cab. $675 - 3 pack, $550 - 1.5L, $2000 - 3L. Now back to the debate about whether it’s worth the price when compared to something like the Bard at half the price.

Interestingly, Jeb gave it 99 vs 98 for the Crane and LPV.

I got the same offer. I was set to buy buy, but then I saw shipping was something like $65 for a three-pack. Given the price of the wines maybe that shouldn’t matter too much but when these are already pushing my price limit, to add over $20 a bottle on shipping (plus paying tax on top of that) just turned me off. Especially when you can pick these up cheaper on the secondary market.

Yikes I didn’t even see that. Maybe we can reach out to have them assemble with the other out ahead vs each tome new shipping cost?