Maybach's coming, hide your heart girl.

It figures. [head-bang.gif]

I have truly slowed my purchases this year and it really reflects in my Cabernet Sauvignon purchases, and will continue to but the 2013 Materium is a haunting wine not to be missed. I stocked up.

I have had a few haunting wines in my life (in a life of some truly amazing wines), the first one that comes to mind is the 2009 Shafer Cabernet Sauvignon SunSpot Vineyard. It was amazing. I gave that one 96 pobega points. Another is the 2002 Bryant Family Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill. That one got the 100. This Maybach was bestowed 99 pobega points and I can’t even tell you why I did not go 100. Can’t.

Those are my top 3.

Mike… have you tried the 2013 Amoenus?

Also… I didn’t realize that there was a 2009 Sunspot.

Haunting.

Great word, Mike.

Loaded up here too, max allocation, max wish list.

Bud, I think its an auction wine (NVP) and done only in magnums.
Unfortunately, I have not tried the Amoenus.

PM me your cell.

I’ve stopped buying most Cali Cabs but this one still makes the cut. A great wine year in, year out so sticking with for now. Hard to go wrong with Maybach in an incredible year.

One of my favorite cabs. The price increase hurts but I can’t pass it up.

I was only allocated 3 Materiums in 750, which kinda bummed me out, but I took all of them. I also took all three 375s offered. I don’t tend to do larger formats, so I left those along with most of the rest of my allocation.

Hmm. It offered me ground shipping.

I’m in Chicago and only got air. Must be based on your location… If you’re close, you probably get ground as an option…

Order in + WL.

Points? I need critic points! How can I decide if these are any good??? I need validation!

Ok, I bought without the points.

Mike - thanks for that pseudo note on the Sunspot. I bought 3 bottles, and have been eyeing them, but wondering if it is too soon. I shall have to crack one.

No problem, Jim. Here’s the real note from 5 years ago.
1/19/2011 rated 96 points: Probably one of the greatest young wines I have sampled. This is sure primary, but if you look deep enough you will find the goodies hiding. Midnight black fruits of currant, and blackberries. Pure and super focused with gobs of stuffing. There is some spring flowers and rubbed leather. It’s plush and elegant all while being brash and boisterous. Multi-layered and pretty, this has near perfect balance. When this wine gets some time on it, it will be incredible, some things you just…know.

Haven’t had the 2009 Sunspot, but I have had the 2001. Basically as good as Cab get in my book! I remember thinking to myself that it seemed ageless!

Thanks, Mike!

I’m in for a bunch of cab and wishlisted a couple more… plus a mag.

Bought my allocation! WL too…

Looks like the mags (with and without box) are now sold out.