Maybach Coming

2017 Maybach or 2017 outpost true. Hmm :thinking::thinking:

Easy pass for me.

Isn’t Outpost a Constellation brand now? Is Maybach still independent? If yes to both, it’s easy-peasy.

Whats the thought process behind people passing this year? Usually I see most people saying that they are dedicated annual purchasers. Is this a particular issue with 2017 Napa? Or something in particular with Maybach? Is it $20 more than last year? I can’t remember.

As for me, it looks like I’ve just gotten my biggest allocation ever. Don’t think I’ll be dropping $5k on this, but I will almost certainly be picking up my obligatory few bottles of Materium and Amoenus.

Outpost was sold to AXA Millésimes, the wine division of a French insurance company.

The price, at least for the Materium, is the same as it’s been the last 2 vintages. Looking at my records, it looks like the price last increased $10 from the 2014 vintage release to the 2015.

I’ve been a buyer since the 2004 release, and have enjoyed all the Maybach we’ve opened over the years. I’m struggling with what to order, if any, this year. It’s primarily my personal circumstances, though. I’m retiring very soon and I don’t see a lot of room for $200 Cabs in my budget any more. We do have 55 bottles of Maybach Cab in the cellar, so I expect we’ll be drinking them for at least the next decade.

Honestly, for me it’s that the scores seem lower than past releases. I‘m not confident 2017 is a great
vintage and given Napa doesn’t adjust pricing like Bordeaux, I’m passing. If I’m going to spend $200 on a bottle of wine, it better be damn near perfect.

Ditto for me. Basically my rule on 2017 is that I have to taste it first. We are not making the treck this year to Napa so with a variable vintage, and a monster 2018 vintage, I am passing and saving coin for the 2018s. As a side note - for 2017, I am more concerned about the heat spike vs the smoke - as I assume in high end names, they would not risk putting out smoke tainted wine. I just hope I do not get dropped for passing on one vintage as I do enjoy the wines and will buy 2018 for sure…

Short wish list granted !

In for 3 Materium.

Just got an offer today. Does this mean I’m off the waitlist?

Thinking about going in for the Materium 375s.

the 375s are a great buy and I wish more would do them!

I had purchased (4) splits of 2016 Materium last year through another member, but since this was my first year officially on the list, I ended up grabbing my (2) allocated splits of 2017 Materium. Looking forward to next year’s release.

$18/bottle shipping to NJ (3 bottles) is really giving me pause. No indication if this is for 2nd day air or ground. Emailed the winery to clarify, but if this is the ground cost I may be out this round.

I didn’t see a ground option. I believe it’s two day air. It was approximately $13/bottle to TX.

It was a bit pricey to ship four bottles and six splits to San Diego, but 2-5-10 years down the line, when I pop that cork, I’m certain that it’ll be all worth it.

Maybach is some quality juice.

OWCs make excellent chairs.

'17 Maybach home in SOFLA today ! [cheers.gif]

First CT review looked promising.

After a huge fiasco with Fedex saying it missed the cutoff in the morning and that it would be delivered tomorrow then having it delivered today in the afternoon 83 degree heat, I’m concerned that the bottles have been sitting on the truck for way too long. The bottles (I only ordered 375mls) were warm to the touch (I put them into my cellar as soon as I returned home) and the ice pack that they included in the styrofoam box was completely melted and warm as well. Upon comparing the corks/capsule with the (3) remaining 2016 Materiums 375mls that I have stored in my cellar, the corks on the 2017 that I received today seem slightly higher, but, still relatively flush with the lip. Of course, that just may be standard deviation of the bottling process, and not true cause for concern.

I’m upset with Fedex and the shipper reached out to them, but I will be reaching out to Chris as well to express my concern. I just wanted to see if you would all be concerned as well if this was the case? Thanks!