Manfred Krankl in serious condition..motorcycle accident

Found this link for coverage - Manfred Krankl of Sine Qua Non Winery Improving After Motorcycle Crash

That is truly horrible news. I wish Manfred all the best and hope for a full and complete recovery as soon as possible

Best wishes for a full and speedy (as possible) recovery.

an excerpt from Ojai Valley News…their copyright, so I haven’t posted the full article

Kimberly Rivers, Ojai Valley News correspondent
Oak View resident and respected winemaker Manfred Krankl is in critical condition following a motorcycle accident Sunday morning.
“He has an excellent prognosis … they say he will make a full recovery,” said Elaine Krankl, his wife. “There is great improvement every day.” She said he will have a long recovery, but, “We are proud to be in the Ojai Valley, and will continue doing what we do.”
The Krankls own and operate an exclusive vineyard and winery in Oak View. Sine Qua Non Winery has a following, with bottles sometimes selling for several hundred dollars apiece.
“Krankl had severe head trauma and was helicoptered to Ventura County Medical Center (VCMC) Sunday morning,” said Steve Reid, public information officer with the California Highway Patrol.
Manfred Krankl, a motorcycle aficionado, maintains several bikes. Reid confirmed he was riding a custom built EDR Performance motorcycle at the time of the accident.
Reid confirmed the accident occurred on Highway 33 just north of Rose Valley. “There was no other vehicle involved. Krankl was southbound, and on a sharp left turn lost control of his motorcycle,” Reid said. The motorcycle overturned, and Krankl was ejected from the bike, and both came to rest on the west side of the road against the guard rail, according to Reid.
Elaine Krankl said her husband is receiving treatment at an undisclosed location and expressed concern for their privacy during this time. She asked that concerned individuals not call the winery, where their staff is in the harvesting process.

© Ojai Valley News, 2014

Big prayers for Manfred and Elaine, their family and all of the SQN family…

Hopeful that these initial reports of a positive prognosis also include a speedy recovery!

Wow. Gut wrenching.

Terrible news. My prayers are with you, Manfred.

Elaine sounds optimistic, but “severe head trauma” is not a phrase you want connected with anyone you know. My best wishes to both of them.

Man rough news. Wishing the best for a speedy recovery.

As a fellow motorcycle rider, I know the risks that come with the thrill of the ride. I wish Manfred the best for a speedy and full recovery.

Sending prayers and wishes for a full recovery.

SQN.jpg

Well done B@rry. Get well Manfred. Horrible to hear this news.

WOW…tough news! Hoping for a full and speedy recovery MK! But look on the bright side…this might give you some inspiration for future wine names and labels! [wink.gif] Get well! [cheers.gif]

Godspeed.

I hope you have a rapid transition back to great health and that you can turn this episode into a series of harrowing labels and wine names!

Indeed. Quite appropriate.

Get well soon.

My thoughts are with M&E and family for a speedy recovery…

Horrible news, best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!