Maison Ilan Question

Jamie quit his day job and created a successful domestic Pinot Noir winery

Was Jaime’s day job a job at a winery somewhere?

No. He was a finance guy / banker – a trader at Merrill Lynch if I recall correctly.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Here is his story on the Today show (you have to sit through a commercial first):

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29054368%2345857577#45857577

Next year, they should do a story on Ray!

How does one purchase these wines? Either directly from Ray or at Retail? I’m in NJ FWIW.

What is it worth? [snort.gif]

Either. You can email ray directly at ray@maison-ilan.com and some reatailers have 2009s for sale: http://www.whwc.com/p/310612

Very cool. [cheers.gif]

just can’t enough nice things about Ray. If the wines are half as good as he has been, we’re all in for a heckuva treat!

and Happy Burgundy Thursday Everyone. I’ve been away–computer–CRASH [swearing.gif]

Be careful or I’ll send Snookie out to mess you up. [pillow-fight.gif]

Ray may kill me for doing this, but I have to say that I hope neither Loren nor anyone else takes advantage of this too generous offer. Ray has been very open about why there have been delays in shipping the 2009s and when we can expect them to be shipped. More importantly, Ray has upheld his side of the bargain by making outstanding wines. We helped him by being among the 83 original buyers and he has held up his side of the bargain by making great wine. I can say so because I have tasted the wines, but you don’t have to take my word for it. He has been praised by major critics and by other board members who have tasted the wine. He has been written up by The New York Times. We now have rare collectors items and did well by buying the wine.

Plus, Ray has offered us all friendship. Despite getting rave reviews and selling out all of his 2009s and 2010s, he has been very generous in allowing board members to come to the winery and taste his wines. Look at all the threads this past year on people coming to taste at Maison Ilan. I certainly have been a beneficiary of this, and had a wonderful time last summer hanging out with Ray for a day.

I have no conflicts of interest here, I am not an investor and have no financial interest other than as a purchaser of his wines and as what I hope Ray considers a friend. Sometimes we all complain too much. Let us not do it here.

This is probably the epitome of a stupid question, but does anyone have any Maison Ilan wines coming in this year (2009 or 2010?) that they would be willing to part with? I’d like to get some of Ray’s wines, but I didn’t get a chance to purchase previous vintages and the 6 bottle minimum probably prevents me from pre ordering any of the 2011 vintage. Again, probably a stupid question, but its worth a try. I live in New Orleans and make frequent trips to Houston FWIW.

Well staed, Howard. It would indeed be unseemly of Loren or anyone else to ask for money back and also accept the wine. I’m pretty sure Loren wiuld agree. Ans in his defense, Loren really did not rave and rant or go ballistic ar anything like that.

Hay Jason,
the minimum is three bottles.

If you have ny questions, please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Cheers,

Ray

As mentioned several times in this thread, Woodland Hill Wine Company has 2009’s to sell. A first-rate retailer.

Ray, thanks for the quick response, I’m definitely in for 3. I’m not sure why I thought 6 bottles was the minimum. Any idea on shipping costs for 3 bottles?

Thanks.

Hey Jason,
it depends on where you are located. If you could, please contact me via email.

Thanks again

Cheers,

Ray

Agreed

Are you currently in he states? If not, do you sleep? Congrats again my friend.