Macdonald 2012 & Taittinger Comtes 2006

Yup thats the one. So he now follows up with a look at me I drank Macdonald humble brag

Yes but how is the '18 Macdonald drinking?

I’ve only tried it from a magnum, but I’d say it’s like a cross between the ‘08 and ‘09.

HOT DAMN. BACK UP THE TRUCK. I’m going to fill a child’s wading pool with it and really soak it in. Will upload pics.

Me too. Frank is one of the few people who I feel has a palate aligned with mine. But we are on opposite sides here. I’ve been fortunate to have this about 3 or 4 times in the last couple years and have loved it each time. Maybe, re Berto and Jay, I’ve gotten all good bottles…

From the recent trip and dinner with Blake Brown and crew:

"2006 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne

Evocative, apple peel and lemon and a touch of lime this time. Beautiful, round, polished mouthful of wine. It lasts and lasts and keeps liking you. Life is good when I can have this twice in 3 months. Would be top 3 on most nights…"

From May

This was my auction win from FallTacular this year, and while I might have saved it…

a truly ethereal bouquet filled with flowers, light flaky pastry/bakery scents and even a wisp of honey. And…can any Champagne be this smooth? Incredible velvet touch as it hits your tongue and just keeps on going, yet the length is superb and accentuates beautifully the lemon zest, apple cider/core and light yeast finish here. I have started to tend towards the bracing side of Champagne, but I could drink this as many days as you were willing to serve it to me."

from last fall in D.C.

More heft here, baked bread, hint of limoncello. Smooth, deep, caresses your mouth. If it doesn’t have quite the depth and finish of the 02, it has arguably more in reserve than that wine in terms of palate colour. I have been very spoiled to taste 3 vintages of Comtes already on this trip."