Lucien Le Moine wines

I agree that Batard price especially is crazy and I didn’t get any whites. The reason I mentioned Ponsot is that I find the style similar, ie very ripe, concentrated and opulent fruit.

Maybe. Never had his (i.e. LeMoine’s) CdlR, but his style seems really varied. Some I found very ripe, rich and opulent. Some I found very transparent, focused and lithe. I have found it hard to pin the wines down and didn’t feel like I was ever going to be confident that I’d get that Ponsot-esque wine or something much, much different. (For the record, I’d prefer that something different!)

All my protestations aside, I still kind of want to believe in the wines. And though most of my experiences have come from OPM, I have bough a few from my own funds. They’ve just never satisfied what I was looking for or seemed like something I’d want in my cellar. They arouse curiosity in me, but not much else, I guess.

Herwig wrote:

For comparison :

Coche Dury Perrieres is around 75 euro’s here . ( it used to be much less )

This is what I got yesterday regarding Rousseau 2011 ( compare it with US prices ) :

Gevrey Chambertin 41,10
Mazy Chambertin 89,10
Charmes-Chambertin 77,90
Ruchottes Chambertin 121,10
Clos Saint-Jacques 137,10
Chambertin 201,10
Clos de Bèze 201,10

Finally , I bought my La Tache 2010 for less than 800 Euro’s > :slight_smile: > ( yep , I know this makes you envious ).

Another reason I’m moving to Europe!

I think this board would implode if someone wrote a nice tasting note for an 04 Le Moine…paging Gangas.

Where is here … ?

LOL! Thank god I don’t have any '04 Le Moine or I’d take you up on that challenge :p.

Where is here … ?

Nie voor Ollanders

Hmmmmm… Think I’ll pass on them. There’s just to many grower burgs available to me at, above or slightly below the Le Moine prices that are more no-brainers to purchase for the seller. I’ve always learned towards growers as whole anyways. Diamond Creek, Ridge, Pegau, Vilmart, Allemand & Mugneret-Gibourg to name a few are the wines that dominate my cellar.

Don’t worry! Don’t be afraid! Those sales keep on going to you! [cheers.gif]

I don’t speak of this vintage here. It awakens something dark and sinister.