Lower priced Sparkling / Champagnes

AGREE!

champagne.gif

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Piper-Heidsieck Brut is just a tad over $30 here and is my favorite for a lower priced bubbly.

Just a tip: if you want people to know what you are recommending, abbreviations like that do no good. It also prevents anyone from using the search function to find info about a wine later.[/quote]

So instead of cruse I should say cruse wine company. Just like the what bedrock wine company are you drinking thread

So instead of cruse I should say cruse wine company. Just like the what bedrock wine company are you drinking thread[/quote]
Do what you want, but cruse pet nats was absolutely meaningless, and I bet not 1 in a hundred on this board would know “pet” is St. Laurent Petillant or that “nat” is Naturel Ricci Vineyard

Hild Elbling Sekt is the most consistently delicious sparkling wine I know of under $20.

FWIW, pet-nat, aka pétillant-naturel is a style of sparkling wine in which the bubbles come from the primary fermentation (along with the haze and funk that often results) rather than a secondary fermentation. The “pet” isn’t part of the name of the St Laurent variety, and the “nat” isn’t part of the Ricci vineyard name.

Based on the Champagnes you enjoy, I expect pet-nats would generally not be your cup of tea.

-Al

Totally lost by this.

Lot’s out there but this is one of the easiest to find. Sometimes Costco gets it too. I like to keep a few bottles in rotation, giving them 12 - 36 months of rest.

Jason

My go-to bubbles I can find in any store for twenty bucks.

Jeez Neal…and you call yourself a wine geek. The shame! [snort.gif]

Neal likes to cover up his hipster tendencies. He has an image to uphold, after all.

-Al

I’ll second suggestions for Roederer Estate (just as good as and almost indistinguishable from a whole lot of Champagne that’s twice the price or more) and Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs. Also, if you can find them, I really like Tissot Cremant Indigene and the estate grown Montlouis Brut from Chidaine (way better than the negociant bottling).

As David Sturek and Arnie Caplan stated above, Envoyer is a very good source for bubbles in this range. There have been a number of recent offers in or near this range.

Graham Beck from S Africa is great. Blanc and Rose ~$15 and a vintage Rose ~$25 (that’s not worth the upcharge IMO).