Looks 2011 burgs will be the same price as 2009s and 2010s...

Paul - that stuff never lies around here, unfortunately! I will buy the 2011s EP to keep my spot in line. It is a pain trying to hunt around and find some of the “good stuff” and just easier for me to take the whack of it each EP “Season”, so I am a buyer.

I’m “only” 51 Howard but I’m starting to think the same way. I bought 11 & 12 Maison Ilan but might not buy much else

I used to do the same, bought several lesser Burg. vintages over the last 6 years ('03, '04, '07 etc) just too keep my “place”, only to find when '09 came around, I was cut out of many of those wines I had been buying from the retailers I had loyally supported for a long time.

Same thing happened in’ 05, and I cut a number of people then that I had dealt with for years as they obviously just flicked the majority of my previously lareg allocations to someone else (at a higher price), so now never again.

I’d rather pay more on the secendary market and get exactly what I want, without having to also buy a lot of unwanted 1’ers and village stuff etc that come bundled with the one or 2 GC’s you actually want from now on…

I want to have some of each vintage because I love burgundy and I think that it generally surprises on the upside over time. Even in vintages where I’m not enamored with the style of the wines (for example, '09), I will still try to put down a few cases so that I can see how the wines develop. The once exception is potential ladybug taint. My risk tolerance is zero for having 100% of my purchases be undrinkable. So until I know that 11 is clear, I’m on the sidelines.
A

that happened to me w 05 so there are many retailers from whom I never again bought. Now I just hunt older stuff that is well-stored.
alan

There’s tons of 2010s lying around. The question is at what price ie at original “good” release price or at secondary market price? Loads of the latter, very little, if any, of the former.