Looking to purchase medium-sized wine fridge.

Do Burgundy bottles fit in it? Even larger type ones like Fourrier?

Thanks.

Just saw a small Wine Enthusiast fridge at Costco. I think 48 bottles

I read on the reviews that the Costco one does not hold above average wine bottles well. One buyer said he could not fit anywhere close to the 166 bottles advertised. Anyone have experience with this wrinkle?

I have the 300 bottle version of the one pictured and it will hold large Syrah style bottles, Turley bottles and mags. The wood slats on the shelves are prepositioned so you might have to wiggle the odd sizes around a bit, but they all work.
As far as bottle count, it depends how you place the shelves and if you double stack. If you single stack and use all the shelves provided, you won’t get as many in. There is a large area at the bottom that is perfect for mags.

Edit. I just looked and seems that Costco doesn’t carry the 300 bottle version any longer.

Here’s what I saw at Costco today.

XL 300 bottle for $1,899

They had a small 38 bottle for $189 but someone bought the last one.
IMG_5052.JPG

The XL is the one I have. I didn’t see it online though.

Check Craigslist…

Sean

Question about these. I currently have most of my wine in off-site, but finally working on making a “wine room”. More or less just a small living room where I get to put a couple of chairs and large wine fridge. I’m wondering how these are for long term storage. Do they regulate the humidity or just temp? I currently have two smaller wine fridges ~28 bottles each, and notice the temp does fluctuate with ambient temp in about a 5 degree range. I’m assuming indoors these larger ones do much less of that simply because of the larger mass of wine and glass?

1 Like

I have a couple of smaller NewAir units that have been going strong for years. The brand is better known for their AC products, which is how I came to find the company. Happy with them thus far and the pricing is fairly reasonable. Wine Fridges & Wine Cooler | Freestanding + Built-in's | Free Shipping – NewAir