Looking for a new everyday Pinot

I find it very difficult to manage pinot noir expectations under $20, but I’ll often recommend A to Z pn. In the $20 to $30 range I like Elk Cove. It used to be under $20, but folks have caught on…

Calera makes great stuff.

I’ll throw a mention to my friend Alison Crowe, who makes the Garnet pinots. They have a Monterey Coast, Sonoma Coast, and Rogers Creek Single vineyard at $15, $20, and $30 respectively. They have always over-delivered in quality.

Black Pine is another sub-$20 option that seems to be pretty popular.

Lulu is the rose, the cheapest Pisoni pinot is i believe now $45 or $50, it is a great pinot though. Their estate pinot does not get the credit it deserves as one of California’s great wines

Alan,
Luli is a collaboration between the Pisoni family and Master Somm Sara Floyd. They make Pinot, Syrah, Rose, Chardonnay and Sauv Blanc from in and around SLH. Jeff Pisoni is the winemaker. They are all good wines and great values. Not comparing them to the level of the Pisoni estate Pinot but Luli fits for more budget minded consumers.

Carrie

Thanks, that is good new info. must admit i thought Luli was just a typo

The Artesa PN Carneros was recommended to me recently by a friend, and I was able to pick it up at Costco for $18. Very good, though I thought there was a little something blended in to carry the mid-palate; but there was nothing off-putting about it at all.

I too immediately thought Banshee, but then I saw that you were looking all the way down around 17-20 bucks. Which I’m guessing really means nothing with a “two” out front. Banshee is more of a 22-25. No experience with their second label… didn’t know it existed.

Pali’s entry level wine makes it down to about $18 in NJ, and sounds like it fits the bill. Also probably get lambasted for this, and I’m guessing you were looking for something more “artisinal,” but La Crema is from CA, in this price range, and very consistent.

I took this to a Pinot tasting last week and it was in the top 3, beat out a Melville and some other $40-50 wines.

2013 Siduri Willamette (know it’s not CA) can be had for $30 or under retail in most places. Got that Siduri name.

Found some 2012 Ch. de Puligny Montrachet Monthelie at a good price which would retail at $30, too. Again, not quite what you were asking for but a good choice, representing the more general point of combing through wholesalers’ catalogues to see what back (I know 2012 is not really back, but it’s not the current vintage) vintages they have and seeing what kind of deal you can get/make.

Thanks for the input. I’ll check out some of the suggestions…

ABC produces some really interesting and tasty Pinot-- took me by surprise! Grabbed a few bottles at Costco for under just under $22 each :slight_smile: Highly recommend it.

drank a couple of '14 Hahn SLH Pinot last week. paid 19.99 for them. good wines.

Berserker Day.

Vagueserking.

Fortunately, Oregon is less consistent with wine styles because of weather extremes. There, I fixed it for you.

Mary Elke from the Anderson Valley has lovely Pinot Noir from Donnelly Creek Vineyard, and her Home Ranch. She has one she calls the “Boonville Barter” that she purposefully keeps at a low price point. She calls it Pinot for the People. Great lady, great wine

Thanks Stephanie. I will look for it.

Good wine and Mary is terrific. Revel represents her in NoCal.

Thank you Richard. Makes finding their wines much easier :slight_smile:

After reading the thread subject, my first and only thought was the ABC Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir. After thinking on it, the answer is still the same.