Looking for <$35 bottle summer whites

IMG_1180.JPG
Costco for $15. Amazing purity.

Just tried something new tonight from Italy found randomly at retail. Really tasty for a “different” white daily drinker. I think it was in the $17-$20 range.

Castelfeder Lahn Kerner

I enjoy The Paring Sauv Blancs. I get it at about $19.99 a bottle here and quaffable all day; Gobelsberg Riesling Kamptal. Also, for something a little different, I really enjoy Rasa Vineyards The Composer, a Washington riesling.

This would seem to be the most viable solution to your acquisition problem.

Dagueneau for 15 bucks! :wink:
All joking aside I’ll look for this at my local Costco.

For $20 or under, Regis Minet Pouilly-Fume VV.

Vincent Pinot Blanc

What’s in a name anyway.

Going back to get a case of this for the summer after trying a bottle tonight.

If you are looking for a sauvignon blanc, I have found that Greywacke (New Zealand) is excellent. Runs about $19/bottle and is widely available. We drink year round with fresh oysters, as well as with various seafoods and appetizers.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Lots of options. Can always count on this board to come through!

Another vote for Sigalas Assyrtiko. It is usually in the $20-$25 range.

Thanks,
Ed

Goisot makes some great Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc varietal wines. They are situated in Saint-Bris just outside of Chablis, and their prices are reasonable.

Navarro

Loire Chenin Blanc is probably the best category for what you seek. It’s plenty delicious for civilians, but also will get love from your wine geek friends. Huet and Francois Chidaine easily get under your price point.

In looking on WS Pro, I guess no Chidaine, but Goody Goody and Austin Wine Merchant have some Huet sec bottles that are great.

All the previous recommendations are strong.

I might add to the growing roster:
Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc
Dirty & Rowdy Familiar Blanc
Onwards/Farmstrong White Wine
Albariño and Godello from CA and Spain

I love Kerner from Alto Adige; and familiarity with 2015 Cantina Valle Isarco Kerner Alto Adige Sean. K&L has it for $18.99. There are some really lovely white wines
coming out of Italy these days.

Order a case of Finger Lakes dry reisling from Dr. Frank or Hermann Weimer. $15 a bottle and they ship to Texas.

2014 Domaine Pattes Loup Chablis Vent d’Ange

Trimbach riesling

Wow, this is making me thirsty, even on a cold winter-like morning.

So many great suggestions here. I’d second assyrtiko, Alto Adige kerner (and pretty much any white from the region) and vermentino.

I’d add Edmunds St. John Heart of Gold (vermentino and grenache gris).