Longest waiting time for mailing list

Got my first Frog offering this year. So………….gracias!

As I’ve noted I am old-almost 75. For my business I entertained a lot on both sides of the Atlantic and shared many serious bottles. With many enduring friends and a few clients.

Today is different. I drink a half bottle of wine every day. Many days by myself while I talk on the phone (yes, the phone!) to many who I have known for decades.

This also means I can drink ALL of a special bottle over two days….

Thus the Cayuse Armada, Reynvaan Stonessence and Leonetti Reserve. Then there was the night I said to hell with it and opened a 97 Dal Forno amarone and drank the rest on the second night. While talking to a friend from Vicenza who was in a NY hotel room and had his own bottle of ? that he had brought with him.

I note all of the above because over the next several years this is exactly how many of the Cayuse, Saxum, Reynvaan and other bottles will end up: drank by me and shared with a long time friend on the phone-who I once poured for.

Long-standing thread: Wait list times - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

SQN took me 10 (got on maybe 3 years ago). Saxum was five years or so (but I have been on for six or seven years, so no idea what it is like now). Marcassin, I think you just need to keep reaching out. There does seem to be a clear waitlist as I got on fairly quickly through persistence.

Great link.

FWIW I have grown “children” who will appreciate my place on various waiting lists….and the bottles I haven’t opened. If anyone survives the long wait list- find a way to stay on it.

1 Like

My dad’s Turley allocation is epic.

That is a great price on Bionic for a 3 pack!

The 115 per bottle for BF is the release price. BF is the largest jump on the secondary market. Armada, which I think sometimes rivals BF, is a much better buy on the secondary market.

On that note, there is a good deal on Commerce Corner now for some Cayuse, including some Armada, at a pretty good price for vintages ranging from 2007-2010.

As an aside on this thread I am a huge (!) fan of Santa Barbara’s Jaffurs. I have stocked up on two cases of their ‘18 petite Syrah (‘17 was an extraordinary value. Just bought more of it (snd their Bien Nacido syrah) and also six bottles of ‘18 Aaron petite Syrah from another source. Has anyone on here ever had the Aaron?

I am doing my absolute best to drink well in my old age.

The Frog is not the hardest wine to get from Cayuse. That award belongs to Flying Pig, which is lower in production volume and is typically something you get 3-4 years after the Frog if you have been wishing both for the same amount of time. Amazingly the Flying Pig does not command the same premium as Bionic Frog from the secondary market.

The Flying Pig has immediate availability: Wine searcher shows Florida’s B-21 (a very good wine store which is huge online) offering a six pack case of it. And, the Pennsylvania Liqour Control board has a bottle of the ‘16 in one of their state stores.

Interestingly there is a lot of Armada available online but most of it is double Cayuse’s release price of $282 for a three pack.

That’s not that surprising. To command a high premium on the secondary market you need more than just low quantities but highest appraise and ratings from critics (the Frog gets it, the Pig less so) as well as consumers (see CT ratings).

Aaron petite syrah is a good value and drinkable without much bottle age. Had a 2018 recently and it was great.

1995 for me, by Snail Mail. Never heard back…

Same for me

Lots of people who joined Marcassin’s list in recent years have seen allocations (within 2-3 years of signup). If you are still interested I’d recommend contacting them by email and referencing your previous signup. They at least have someone who will respond to emails now.

Back in the day Rochioli had a long wait, I think it’s less now. Lewelling used to have a longish wait.

I had dropped off Lewelling after the 2005 vintage (for no particular reason). Jumped back in for the 2018s and was able to procure a case right away :slight_smile:

The 3 that seem like you have to wait and cannot ever find people to pass on them are Screagle, Macdonald and Bionic Frog. Kinsman Eades appears to be the next one that will be that way from what I can tell.

SQN seems gettable for cost these days, as does Saxum.

+1 above