Long term wine storage

I had this same question some tie ago. After being assured by many in the know, I have stored some bottles for months in the frig and had no issues regarding the integrity of the wine.

I have never left wine in a fridge for a year, but several months isn’t uncommon. My wife and I almost always have a half dozen “drink nows” in the fridge. The ones on the bottom get layered over as we replace the ones on top and it is not uncommon for some to sit for a few months. I have never noticed any problems that I would relate to the fridge. I think that short term storage (and I agree that 9 months is short term) there shouldn’t be any problem.

The dryness issue is interesting, but I have never noticed it. If you are going to store the bottle on its side, I would say risk it.

+1!

I have a mini fridge that has no freezer connected to it and because of this, there are never any problems with it getting too damp. I have often stored wines over a year in that fridge. It is set at it’s warmest temperature, but there you go.

I use my wine logic rack for most of what I cellar though so it is close at hand in my kitchen cabinet. I don’t mind keeping the house a little colder. I’m warm blooded anyway.