London Dining

I’m a little biased since Hide is a customer of mine, but can confirm their Espresso Martini is a doozy! Really their entire program of cocktails, spirits, and wine is awesome.

Last time I was there during lunch a group of 3 Russian families came in… All the wives ordered a few rounds of Espresso Martinis and got trashed, the men had almost an entire bottle of Macallan 25, and the most unruly kids ever got chocolate milkshake “martinis” that Rui, the bar director, just made up on the spot because the kids wanted to be like their moms.

any updates re London dining?

Back from out trip. While in London two very good meals were at Hide and Humo. At Hide with its addition wines from Hedonism check out the list in advance. At Humo try to get counter seating for the wood fire cooking show.

1 Like

I have never been to London. Going next month. Are there decent “grab and go” food places? What ethnic food groups are prevalent for that? Looking for sandwiches, pizza , sushi, gyros, etc. type of food.

You can get anything.

Lots of decent sandwiches (they invented the thing after all). Most little newsagents/corner shops have a little samosa box that can be passable. Always a “chippy” place close by (fish and chips). But it’s the Indian and Sri Lankan food that brings it home for me - always a must everytime I go. My favorite is still Tay’yabs in Whitechapel.

1 Like

Yes, in the London fine dining thread.

Thx. Any recommendations for fish and chips?? Or does no place stand out? We are staying by Tower or London but will be all over the city.

1 Like

Poppies in Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, London E.1 is not far from where you are staying

1 Like

Not grab and go, but mentioning since it’s close to where you’re staying. We’ve really enjoyed Legare. Our last trip with family it was really firing on all cylinders and topped Little Social by a wide margin. Not fine dining, but great food. Housemade pastas, creative dishes, friendly and enthusiastic staff. Not many covers, so reservations recommended.

1 Like

+1 on Golden Hind. More like a casual seafood restaurant than a simple chippy. Nice simple wine list, affordable priced considering the area.

1 Like