Lillian on Deck

Live. Ordered 3 regular. Blue Label is now the Gold series…$100 per Cab is from the True Vineyard…$200 per.

I really wanted to try the cab - but I think I’m going to have to pass… Too many other noteworthy cabs well below that price…

Yup,

Base Syrah $75
Gold Syrah $100 (Blue)
Cabernet $200 True Vineyard (Howell mtn)
Rose Mags $160
Rourssane Mags $150

I went with 2 base and 2 of the gold. I had to pass on all of the rest.
Free 2-day Fedex on all orders helps a bit, but I’m having a hard time justifying this to myself.

Cab is an easy pass at that price. Syrah getting awfully close to an easy pass too. Another winery escaping my budget I’m afraid.

Somebody buy one of the cabs and bring it to a B-fest!

Went 2 and 2 on the Syrah. Couldn’t justify $200 for the Cab. Would love to try it though!

What’s the price of actual Jamet these days? Over/Under $100?

I hope this isn’t a harbinger of pricing for actual Outpost True…

Is the Cab NV?

The vintage isn’t specified on the order page. The letter indicates they started working with True in '10, but doesn’t mention '11-'13. Don’t know wether this is a '10 one-off; if future vintages are coming; or if this release is a MV.

Did anyone get a release letter by email? I didn’t, though I see allocations if I sign in.

Yeah there was. As much as I like Maggie’s wines, had to pass on the cab. I’d love to try it though.

I’m passing. One of many lists I am starting to drop…

If someone understands the Gold series, can you please explain it to me. I was under the impression that previous blue offerings spent more time in barrel, and in the offering, the blue series would be one year behind. Now, the gold is being offered from the same vintage, but it is more tightly wound? And there will be another gold offering from the same vintage after it sees more oak treatment? I don’t get it…

From the mailer :
The wine described above is the 2011 Gold Series No.1 and if the 2011 barrels that we held back last year, that are yet resting in the cellar, come together, in a cuvee of extended elevage, we will bottle that wine as 2011 Gold Series No.2.

Ditto. Sad too because I really like these wines. I prefer to pick up back vintages for ~$60 anyways

I didn’t catch that. Good question. Maybe best to send Maggie an email

I will probably trip and fall for 3 of the std label to keep the vertical going. The notes on the previous vintages I have indicate they may be getting ready to open. Then I can see if I like the wines or just buy 2 times the Pinot that I now like. newhere

The way I read it was 2011 Gold Series 1 is not analogous to 2011 Blue.
But if there is a 2011 Gold Series 2, then that is what would have been 2011 Blue.
So what I can say is that maggie took one confusing thing (regular v. Blue labels), and just turned it into another confusing thing (the Gold Series).

I agree. She should have kept the Blue Series and just changed the label.

So if Gold Series #2 is a replacement for the Blue Label, what is Gold Series #1 and how is it different then the regular bottleings? I’m confused

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and…
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it’s louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You’re on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you’re on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don’t know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don’t you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.