Life and Limb Beer by Sierra Nevada and Dogfish

Says there are 10

http://www.vendomes.com/product_info.php?products_id=14092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter…do you guys still have the bottles?

Picked up the last three bottles at my local beer store today. The guy had no idea about the tap version. Great stuff, malty like a brown ale as others mentioned. I paid $10.99 for a bottle, I guess it was worth it but this isn’t something that you can’t live without trying…

I’m drinking a Trader Joe’s 2009 Vintage Ale right now - dark brown, sweet with an interesting citrus note, and some ginger (as the label actually says). Very nice, and at $5, one of the best deals in premium beer every year. And they age. Made by Unibroue of Canada.

TN - Nose shows some root beer and oats. The palate has a lot going on with coffee, dark caramel, oats and maple. Kissed some sweetness bordering on too much but doesn’t get there. Nicely balanced all the way through. Bit of a sensation of tannin very late. Terrific for those of us who like brown ales.

Nice find Bone. [welldone.gif]

I think it gets released in Sept. Not sure if this was the first year for it, but it is just incredible.

I haven’t found the Life and Limb, but I had the draft Limb and Life. Very well made brown ale, and at $4 for a glass not overly expensive, . . . but $10 a bottle?

Only empties. If you want the beer, you’ll have to voyage to Deer Island LOL!

Jeff - where did you get Limb & Life?

24 ounce bottles. We found some at Vendome (thank you all!) and got 4 bottles.

Kind of like getting the Tabasco Reserve last year!

Cheers everyone, hopefully you won’t lose a limb (or life!) this holiday season like those soccer dudes.

Time to party like it’s $9.99!

Vendome is now sold out!

Found six bottles at a supermarket today. 24 oz bottles makes a lot more sense. Enjoying one right now, as a matter of fact.

Nice find! Which market and where! Speak!!!

Central Market in Mill Creek, WA. But don’t bother calling, I cleaned them out. I found the Limb and Life draft at Malt and Vine in Redmond, WA, but it was sold out of the Life & Limb. The draft is a completely different animal, good, but not as good as the Life & Limb, and only half of the ABV.

Oh, and I think that I’ll let the remaining bottles age a bit. This should be even better in another year.

Probably a good idea. Had my first taste tonight. Pretty much how Wetrock described it. The touch of sweetness on the back definitely helped the kick in this baby. Very tasty beer, and be interesting to see how it comes together with a bit of time.

A “pick apart” beer for beverage junkies everywhere!

Cheers.

not finding it here as the distributor blew his opportunity to get them.

Did pick up a 24 oz Sierra Nevada Estate. Hopefully cracking it tonight.

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/harvest_estate.html

Will check for life and limb when i go downstate in a week and a half

Keep your eyes open for new Sierra Nevada collaborations to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

Four collaborations for Sierra Nevada’s 30th.

Chico, CA (12/14/09)–Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. will mark 2010 with a yearlong celebration of the trailblazing brewers who helped transform America into the world’s most exciting brewing nation. Next year is the 30th anniversary for the Chico-based brewery, and Sierra Nevada is teaming up with the founders of the movement to benefit select charities and beer drinkers across the country.

March of 2010 will see the first of four beers in a series of collaborative projects with America’s craft-brewing pioneers: Fritz Maytag of Anchor Brewing; Jack McAuliffe, founder of New Albion Brewery; and authors, homebrewers, and beer advocates Fred Eckhardt, and Charlie Papazian. Together, this group is credited as ‘the men who launched a thousand breweries;’ and without them, our current day craft-beer-renaissance might never have happened.

“We wanted to pay tribute to the original pioneers who helped me and hundreds of others get started,” said Sierra Nevada founder Ken Grossman. “Few people in the craft-brewing world have accomplished more than these guys, and we thought it might be fun to get the original crew together and make something special.”

This project will begin where craft brewing started–Anchor Brewing Company in San Francisco. Maytag bought the historic brewery in 1965, and his vision for American beer changed everything. In December 2009, these pioneers gathered at Anchor to catch up, reminisce about craft beer’s beginnings, and share their vision for the project.

“I feel honored to sit at the table with these guys,” said Grossman. “Without the help that these guys gave me in the early days, I never would have gotten started. Each of them has shaped craft beer in some meaningful way, and without them, who knows what American beer would be today?”

The beers will be released periodically throughout the year, starting with the first release in March, and continuing until Sierra Nevada’s 30th Anniversary on November 15. These limited-release 750ml cage-and-cork bottles will be available at select retailers and beer-centric bars.

These beers will be much more than a tribute: Proceeds from the project will go to benefit select charities chosen by the four pioneers.

Sierra Nevada started in 1980 with a humble hand-built brewhouse and some interesting ideas about beer. Today it’s America’s longest-running craft startup, and boasts the number-one best-selling craft brand in the country–the legendary flagship, Pale Ale.

A lot has changed in the generation since Grossman first met these brewing pioneers. When Sierra Nevada first opened its doors, there were less than 50 breweries in the United States. Today, there are more than 1,500 craft breweries in operation, and American brewers lead the world in variety of styles, innovation, experimentation, and quality.

http://www.sierra30.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DAMN! Was going to drive the 5 miles over and pick up a couple more! They are probably wondering why they had a run on it suddenly. Random dude walks in a grabs two. Then it sells out online.
[wink.gif]

Sean D, nice article. About 30 years ago my father sold his bar/tavern, and he carried most of the domestic beers - Bud, Miller HL, Knickerbocker, Ballantine, Schaefer, Falstaff, Naragansett and Schlitz. Things certainly have changed since then. Of course, his bar licence forbade him from opening on Sunday and serving women, and beers were 25-50 cents each.