Lichen Estate - Anderson Valley Grower Producer Bubbles

Got a 2pack. My last order.

Hi John, thanks and yes, our inaugural magnums are 60 bottles each of our 2013 sparklers. They are currently aging on the lees. PM me if you’d like more info…

Thanks Robert!

PM Sent!

In for a 2 pack!

Would love to hear more details on the wine and production!

Oh I must have this sampler pack. Missed it in yesterday’s madness. Dan, can you sneak in one more bundle?

Absolutely. Thanks Emily!

Thanks Michael, and, here goes…the focus of this should really be on our meter by meter spaced Estate Vineyard, there’s obviously a huge amount of site specific details…but the gist of it is, that we believe that tight spacing and smaller vines, in our dirt and our climate, will produce superior grapes. The vineyard is a few hundred feet from the winery, grapes are picked at night and immediately the press is loaded.

The wine press is a hugely important step of the process. We have a 3 ton, membrane style press that kicks ass. Fully programmable, very few solids, optimal juice extraction at low pressure. We separate the press fractions based on chemistry and taste, and only the good stuff goes to the sparkling program.

The Pinot Gris is fermented and aged in small stainless steel tanks, the Pinot Noir is fermented in stainless and aged in 500L used oak puncheons. We then construct the three vintage wines - the Blanc de Gris, Blanc de Noir, and the Grand Cuvee, a blend of the two. We cold stabilize, and tirage bottle unfined and unfiltered.

The 2012 Blanc de Gris was aged for 29 months on the lees, the 2012 Blanc de Noir for 32 months, the Grand Cuvee 36 months and counting. The Blanc de Gris is a little bigger and broader, very citrus-y, with a neat, spicy, herbaceous fennel/pea shoot character. The Blanc de Noir is really tight right now, but it’s more finessed, compact, brighter. It’s got big time berry fruit and toast…but it could probably do with a few months of just calming down, it’s much better on the second day being open right now.

Can’t wait for you to try them!

Wish I had noticed this offer before the dust settled…

Drop me a line, David

Wow!! What an awesome reply Dan. Thanks so much. Looking forward to trying the wines.

My fiancé and I have been throwing around a Mar/Apr/May visit to Sonoma and have been wanting to come up to AV for a while now. We’d love to stop by!

Michael, we’d love to show you around, please drop me a line once you have made your travel plans.

FYI, Anderson Valley’s biggest and best wine event of the year, the Pinot Noir festival, is May 20-22 this year. If you’re interested and have some flexibility with your travel dates, it’s a great time to come visit…more info at http://www.avwines.com/. Keep in mind that tickets are limited and it will sell out early! There’s a few threads on WB about it, here’s a link to a recent one…

Cheers!

Thanks, I just did! champagne.gif