Let shipping season begin

My Peay is due tomorrow. Can’t wait!!!

I stated my east coast wines this week.

I also will be receiving east coast shipment this week.

Is there a website that allows you to monitor the weather?

I remember those days (before I finally canceled my Winebid account to stop myself from buying so much). I never got 14 cases, but I’d have as many as four or five by this time of year. It was frightening to get that much new inventory, but it was really cool to look through them and remember all the wines you bought, kind of a mini Christmas.

Stuff coming from NY will arrive week after next.

Stuff from CA stores will wait until November at the earliest

We’re waiting until November - and possibly later for some southern states. Since we’re in the lower Central Coast, our shipments go through LA - which means anything ground goes through Phoenix or Las Vegas. So we watch those temps very closely.

Bedrock is still on “Weather Hold” for So. Cal.

However, yesterday it was in the low 80s (E. Los Angeles County), and it’s looks like it will be cooler the rest of the week. I had placed an ad hoc order with Lagier-Meredith, and they have been holding shipment. Yesterday, I received an e-mail note from them indicating that they thought it was safe to ship. So, I’m expecting that delivery on Thursday.

It looks like Quivet and Myriad, are scheduled for Nov. 3. Halcon is saying “Early November.” I think I checked Nov. 10 on the Ceritas order.

A couple others are still undefined.

I did also get a note from Rhys, today, advising that they would be able to add the 2 X Syrahs that I had wishlisted.

Here’s what we use:

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/tendayforecastusnational/index_large.html

You can select the forecast for up to 10 days in the future

Doesn’t it matter how hot the truck gets on the route? Or does driving along at 70mph help? It’s 95 in Bakersfield today. Guess it depends on if the driver stops for lunch.

I will be in Bordeaux during part of November so I am shipping the last week of October.

I use NOAA Graphical Forecast for CONUS Area, which allows a graphical image of max temps for the next week.

Agreed, I took one Chicago shipment because it takes 2 days top.

Brian, if a ground shipment is coming from LA to Minneapolis does it also go through Phoenix or LV?

I think it varies based upon the overall loading within their system. I tried figuring it out once, but just got frustrated. So we assume it could go either way.

Yaba daba doo!

Got my Bedrock today.

It’s overwhelming Xmas! I like trying older one-offs with some age to see if I like the style. The 1997 Rottlan Tirant, 2002 Cheval des Andes, some old Merry Edwards, Pisoni, other random Cali producers I haven’t had a chance to try. Older white Rhones and Rieslings and such. A bottle each here and there. I figure in 1-2 years I’ll be done, having started to buy stuff I really like by the case. Otherwise my wife may have to cut off whatever fingers I use to submit bids…

In the past I’ve had issues with wineries shipping when they shouldn’t. This time it seems like they could have shipped. Most of CA cooled down considerably. That said, better safe than sorry. And I gave way too much wine pilled up that should be consumed.
Getting in to beer in a small way hasn’t helped the consumption problems.

Bring it on!
I am thirsty!

7 different packages arriving tomorrow and Thursday!