Lenox MA resto reccos

Wife and I are escaping to western MA for a birthday getaway over Veteran’s Day weekend. I live in the greater Boston area but have never spent any time in Western MA.

Any recommendations for restaurants (dinner mainly) out near Lenox?

Saw Boulud at the Blantyre which looked great incl the Dom salon is closed thru 2024 which seems odd. Anyway appreciate reccos.

James has a pretty baller list.

There are 3 great restaurants. The two mentioned above plus Wheatleigh. They should have cleaned up Wheatleign since we were there about 30 years ago and my six year old son ordered the fois gras torchon appetizer. When he finished, he called over the waiter and said, “this was good, can I have seconds.” The waiter peed in his pants laughing, hence the need for a cleanup.

Perhaps you would be interested in this: (Sorry, it was an email and there didn’t seem to be an easy way to link to anything). Also, no affiliaiation, etc.

An exceptional Champagne Wine Dinner featuring…

Ployez-Jacquemart at Wheatleigh

Friday, November 11 · 6pm

Ring in this holiday season with a very special

Champagne Wine Dinner featuring Ployez-Jacquemart at the incomparable, Wheatleigh in Lenox.

Please join us for this incredibly special evening to meet the winemaker, Madame Laurence Ployez, owner of Champagne Ployez-Jacquemart.

To discover the house of Ployez-Jacquemart is to share a passion for wines with a demanding clientele and to appreciate the French way of life.

Join us for a four-course dinner crafted by Chef Jeffrey Thompson perfectly paired to these wonderful Champagnes.

Menu

Selection of Canapés

Extra Quality Brut NV

Cured Black Cod

Compressed Cucumber, Radish, Citrus

Extra Brut Rosé NV

Seared Diver Scallops

Cauliflower Puree, Delicata Squash, Brussels

Extra Brut Passion NV

Ballotine of Rabbit

Root Vegetables, Chanterelles, Swiss Chard

Meunier Cuvée Parcelle AB390 Extra Brut 2016

Honey Poached Pear Financier

Quince Compote, Lemon Sorbet

Cuvée Granite Extra Brut NV

$185 per person, plus tax and gratuity

For reservations, please call Wheatleigh at 413-637-0610.

(Reservation required, seating limited)

Wheatleigh

Wheatleigh combines exceptional personal service and extraordinary cuisine with the elegance and comfort of the 21st century.

www.wheatleigh.com

413-637-0610

Thanks Gil! Looks interesting, do you mind forwarding the email, I’ll hit your DMs.

Email forwarded.

Not Lenox but nearby and I think worth the drive - highly recommend the following - you will want a res for all:
John Andrews Farmhouse - Farm to table, around for decades, always great.
Prairie Whale - hipster New York chef escaped to Great Barrington, good vibe.
Cantina 229 - Owners live in the farmhouse next door. Always mixing up the menu, cool weird wines.

In a major city any would be Michelin worthy. Of the three Cantina is my favorite,

Ben

1 Like