Left handed wine woes

Yeah, but it’s out of business.

Long time lefty. Where there’s a will there’s a way. [snort.gif]

First World Problem of the Week.

When I got into martial arts, I quickly learned that there advantages to being a lefty in a world full of righties – by learning how to do everything right handed in class and then practicing on my own left handed as well, I essentially became an ambidextrous martial artist.

Same for corkscrews and wine. I have no problems opening it like a right hander. Not that they would encounter as many issues as we lefties do but I know many right handed people who are essentially useless with their left hands when it comes to finer coordination skills.

Interestingly, I currently train boxing privately with a boxing coach who is just as good with his left side fighting as he is with his right side fighting. He forced himself to practice the other side (boxing coaches traditionally frown upon training both sides) and so he can now train others no matter what side they fight on.

I use a counter clockwise swirl i learned from jerry and puddy. kidding. I’m left handed, and using a wine key i actually cut the foil with my left hand and use the right to open.

I am also a left-handed batter, but when I golfed as a youngster or shot targets, it was right handed. Because of the volume of wines I open, a Rabbit is easier to use, bot all my waiters are right hand models. Never thought twice about it. I hold glassware in my right, I figure because I write @ same time.

me, too, never thought about it and have never had a problem.

My son is a lefty, and I had a hell of a time finding wine glasses for a left-hander.

let’s see, I pour with my left and drink with my right. Or is it the other way. Need to do a test. [cheers.gif]

Lefty. Never had a problem using my left hand. Guitars are worse :slight_smile:

My brother is left-handed and uses his right hand to open wine bottles. Finding left-handed golf clubs are difficult, because so many manufacturers make only a few models for lefties.

Thanks,
Ed

Another lefty here. I know we’re supposed to be smarter than everyone else, but I’m really having trouble understanding why turning a waiter’s corkscrew with your left hand is any more difficult than turning it with your right hand. I just don’t see what the issue is. Can someone illuminate the issue?

Ben

No issues for this lefty

Lefty here also. I started this thread thinking “what’s the problem here?” and read through the whole thing because I started wondering if there’s a larger than average sampling of lefties who are really into wine, or if the thread subject is just filtering out all the righties.

LOL +1. Like scissors, there were no left handled models when I learned, so I had to adapt. Trying to relearn and train my other hand would be harder… and probably feel backwards.