Le Sud de France

We ate at Christienne Etienne last September and had his famous “tomato” menu…it was fantastic, but I would guess May would be a little too early in the season for that. Always wanted to eat at Chèvre d’Or but never made it.

Looking forward to your impressions from your trip as we’re headed to this area on our honeymoon in late August / early September.

Tetou–great bouillabaisse at a bend-me-over price in a beautiful setting. Like €160 each “with” langoustine.

Chevre d’Or was a highlight–setting, service, food. Breathtaking view.

David Toutain in Paris was absolutely wonderful, a high wire dinner that really amazed in a very congenial setting.

Most other meals were average, decent, or good, but not worth the keystrokes.

Enjoyed the S. of France but I sure love Paris.

Good to hear that Chèvre d’Or was still as great as it was when we were there a couple years ago.

And also glad I wasn’t paying at Tetou!!

It’s hard to beat Paris…

Welcome back.

Went to David Toutain about six months ago and it truly was remarkable. I don’t go out much to restaurants in Paris but you think the other up-and-coming restaurants in that city that are discussed here are on the same level?

someone w more Paris restaurant experience should answer. For me it was almost 3 star food in a comfortable setting. Exciting meal.

LOVED david toutain. Loved it. What’d you drink off the menu?

glass of BS Brut Rosé, glass of Chartogne-Taillet, glass of Pavelot Savigny de Beaune, 2000 Trapet Chambertin, damn I drank a lot!