LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Damn. I wasn’t around to sit on last bottle, but have been looking for more school house Pinots. I adore them.

It was up for a bit, perhaps reach out to them directly?

1 Like

Last week’s offer was indeed Rhys 2018 Anderson Valley Chard, arrived today. Interestingly, this bottle had a straight “Rhys” label, not “Alesia”. I seem to remember this vintage was when Alesia was still the label, so the change is curious.

any thoughts on current Tobias offer?

Fünke?

Oh, mercy me! I keep forgetting I’m in the Colonies!

1 Like

$60 at the winery. Usually half Mendocino and half Sonoma fruit, though obviously there were fires in both areas, and apparently the 2020 is all Mendocino fruit. For those who like to see which wineries mention smoke and which don’t, this is the closest Toby comes to mentioning wildfires/smoke in the vintage notes - “we were granted the fortune of harvesting prior to any harsh conditions and are pleased that 2020 is a special and robust vintage from start to finish.

For $15ea I’ll grab a case or half case to put in the wife’s bin.

That’s why it wasn’t lining up with any of their wines in CT.

Thanks for information.

My last two shipments have had a bunch of torn or stained labels. Their customer service is not what it used to be and no where near WTSO. I have certainly dialed back my purchases.

CT scores for the winery (Tobias) are good overall. At $15, worth a go.

Hello all, on May 16, LB offered a 3-pack of Conn Creek Napa AVA Series Cabernet. Does anyone remember or have record of what three AVA wines were offered?

I bought this, but put it on summer hold, so haven’t received it yet.

Thanks!

1 Like

Pulled this from the old email

1 x Conn Creek Cabernet Sauvignon AVA Series Spring Mountain District Napa Valley 2018

1 x Conn Creek Cabernet Sauvignon AVA Series Oakville Napa Valley 2018

1x Conn Creek Cabernet Sauvignon AVA Series Rutherford Napa Valley 2018

1 Like

The latest mystery wine appears to be the 2019 Buoncristiani Napa Cabernet Sauvignon. Can’t comment on the quality of the wine, but seems like a decent discount.

7 Likes

Nicely done!!! But do I see this right that they only offer one 100% Cabernet wine called “The Core?” And we assume this wine is The Core? Hope so, but just checking!

1 Like

I believe this is not The Core but rather there standard Napa label. LB does not explicitly state that the wine is 100% cab. Also, Jeb’s rating match to the LB hints.

2 Likes
1 Like

My conclusion as well. Good deal, but not compelling enough for me to pull the trigger given my glut of Napa cabs at this point.

1 Like

Critical Acclaims

JD94

Jeb Dunnuck

The appellation 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon is rock star stuff, offering a ripe, textured, fruit-loaded yet balanced style as well as classic notes of cassis, blackberries, lead pencil shavings, and hints of tobacco and herbs. A blend of 96% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Malbec, and 1% Petit Verdot, it’s well worth seeking out and is going to have 10-15 years of prime drinking. There are 680 cases produced.

1 Like