LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread (Part 1)

By way of a PSA, LB Recently offered the Alessandro Rivetto 2020 Langhe Nebbiolo for $15. I searched and saw that Otto had strongly praised the wine both here and on CT. Having also been happy with the '16 Barolo from this producer purchased on LB, I grabbed 8 of these and tried one right away. It is excellent. Better than a $15 LN has any right to be. After trying it I emailed to check availability. They had a few cases left and I ordered another case for myself and a 6 pack for a friend. If anyone is interested, they may still have some left.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on the Renzo Seghesio Ars Vivendi Langhe Rosso 2019?

I contemplated it, but only one CT review with actual description and not a lot to go on there. Iā€™d rather spend my money on a nebbiolo than a blend unless I knew for sure that I liked it. For instance, Vajraā€™s Langhe Rosso is widely available for $15 or less and itā€™s a lovely little table wine blending many local varieties.

1 Like

Spring Marathon incoming 9am PST

Slow start to the Marathon.

Shamelessly plugging my code for a first time purchase credit: Last Bottle - Create a free account - happy marathon yā€™all! Hoping for some good fermented grape juice!

2 Likes

Something about a marathon versus a sprintā€¦haha

3 Likes

Since I discovered De Negoce, Last Bottle has lost a little luster.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat, though LB can be nice to try new stuff since you can find tasting notes fairly readily.

2 Likes

Am I wrong or did the LB Marathons actually used to offer a discount? Seems like almost everything is basically at retail priceā€¦

3 Likes

It is mostly at the low retail price, but with shipping included. Not a bad deal, but not ceazy good either

Yep. I buy a bunch from rando wineries to have on hand . Iā€™ve found some stuff Iā€™ve really really liked over the years.

I agree itā€™s not a bad deal with shipping included, but in prior years it seems that there was a significant difference off of retail price.

1 Like

A barbaresco I can find anywhere for 35$ and they want 40ā€¦

Deals are far and fewā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen several Levo wines, recent vintages. Did they cease operations?

1 Like

Not sure but I grabbed that 22Tango

I jut grabbed 2 Buon Tempo Rosso del Montalcino. 19 bux gotta try it

The marathon jumped the shark years ago now but I still canā€™t help but look.

2 Likes

Erasmus was upā€¦and scarecrow

1 Like

Thought real hard about that ARPEPE, missed it

1 Like