Las Vegas

I would call to verify first, but thought this might be helpful.

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/ctable.cfm?id=13

Cheers,

Good list but needs to be updated for places like the Cosmopolitan. Also missing restaurants like L’Atelier de JR that I know allows corkage.

Spago at Cesars 20 bottle no limits

BTW Elton John concert was great a must see

The Barrymore is $30 but will waive corkage for every bottle purchased off the list. Fortunately they have a “50 under $50” list. Food is quite good too. Not nearly as refined as our meal at L’Atelier de JR the night before but in many ways more enjoyable.

Jazmine at Bellagio charges $50 corkage fee with 2 max. Gordom Ramsey Steak at Paris charges $35.

Craftsteak in the MGM - better steaks/food than Pinot Brasserie and Delmonico’s but a $45 corkage. We opened 2 bottles last weekend - I don’t know if there is a limit on bottles but I think they would work with you on that.

Also Robuchon and L’Atelier de JR allow corkage but it can’t be on their extensive lists. I will say they waived corkage for us at L’Atelier de JR.

Of course any bottle you buy off a list in the high-end restaurants is going to be much more than that $$$ easy.

Hey all, FYI, just ate at Gordon Ramsay Steak in the Paris. They have $35 corkage, max two bottles and those bottles cannot be something they offer. Fwiw, we brought in a Frank Family cab Reserve and an Au Sommet. They had FF, but not the Reserve so they allowed ours. Great meat and potatoes meal…

List of corkage policies for some Vegas restaurants:

http://palazzo.doublehelixwine.com/Restaurant_Corkage_Fees.html

Raku does not allow BYO. Bazaar Meat is $35.

Spago is now $50.

StripSteak $35 corkage 2 bottles limit

Anyone know about Nobu or Tao?

Parma at Buffalo and Washington allows BYOB, can’t remember the cost but I think it was reasonable, $10-$15. Really good local Italian spot.

Was in Vegas this week with clients. They chose Lawry’s one night for dinner, as they were hungry for prime rib. Corkage was $25/bottle, and I highly recommend it. Unless there’s a reserve wine list that wasn’t made available to me (I brought 2 bottles), their normal wine list is filled with the usual “steakhouse suspects” of very recent vintage.

Went to Craftsteak at the MGM (apparently rebranded as Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, lol) last night, I was quoted corkage of $50 on the phone (and $100 for a magnum) but when I got there I was told $40, limit of 2 bottles, apparently ok even if your bottle is also on list; I only brought one bottle but corkage was waived with a purchase from the list. The list itself didn’t seem too bad, most bottles I recognized were 2-3x retail. They had some SQN bottles for what actually seemed like reasonable prices, but I decided to be economical and stick with a more affordable Syrah.

Food was great, btw, perfectly cooked steak. Great service

The new Las Vegas steakhouse Echo & Rig has free corkage with no limit. We go there all the time because of it. It’s located in the Summerlin suburb at Tivoli Village.

some updates:

-Bazaar Meats at the SLS, still $35, can’t be on list. the sommelier was hard-working, I saw her working with a big group in a private room as well as multiple tables, and she was very gracious, the wine list itself seemed interesting and not exorbitantly priced. I also tried a glass of the Andrew Will cab franc that they had there from the huge bottles that Jose Andres apparently ordered special for the Vegas location (the other option was a Sandhi pinot). Food was overall good though I think it’s more fun for a big group (for stuff like the suckling pig, etc.); was perhaps not as well-executed as other steakhouses like Craftsteak, Carnevino, etc.

-B&B ristorante at the Venetian, $50. seems like there are a lot of Batali-haters on this board but I did like the pasta…

-Yardbird, $35. more fun for the bourbon cocktails

-Momofuku at the Cosmo, $50, 2 bottle max. cocktails were steep but well-done. still getting its bearings, I think, but the food is very well-executed. would be fun with a big group, as well.

-Wynn buffet, $50. I asked more out of idle curiosity haha; the beer/wine selection is pretty minimal, but checking out the buffet is a nice benefit if you book a stay using a credit card program where they give you perks like free breakfast credit. I actually saw someone at another table do the bottomless mimosa thing and then ask for a to-go coffee cup and pour some of the little Champagne bottles into it to smuggle out…

Had dinner last week at Costa di Mare at the Wynn. Few things:

Corkage is $50/bottle, 2 bottles max, no magnums and can’t be on their list. Their list isn’t easily viewable, they don’t send it out and “it changes everyday”. So you have to call in day of, before dinner, to confirm that what you’re bringing is fine. Their stuff is mostly recent release vintages, even for higher end stuff like Gaja. I brought in an '03 Gaja Barbaresco and was fine, the oldest one they had on their list was an '11.

I just got back this morning. I loved Kame Omakase in Summerlin. 8 seats and 2 seatings a night. 23 plates not counting ice cream for $165. Check out the photos on various review sites and their website.

I did not ask about corkage. Since I was alone I just bought a half bottle of sake.

My wife had a business dinner last night at Marche Bacchus while I was on the redeye. She reports that everyone loved the food and the clients loved walking around and picking out the wines.

Big + 1 on Echo and Rig. Went on Monday night. We brought in a 2002 Ridge M Bello, which was drinking great; no corkage. Feeling a little guilty, we ordered a Champagne off the list, a Nicolas Feullatte Brut; very refreshing on a hot day. There is a Santa Maria flair to the menu with tri tip and “Spencer” steaks, which have a connection with Jocko’s, the famous steak place just north of S Maria. Steaks were excellent. The main dining room is a bit noisy due to the open floor plan and wood floors, but acceptable.