Las Vegas Restaurants

Was $16 or $17 can from my hotel, iirc… x2 (coming, going).

Kame Omakase is my newest go-to sushi spot. $165. Plan to be there about 2.5 to 3 hours. Off the strip on Lake Mead Blvd.

How does it compare to Kabuto? That was my go-to but it’s been a minute since I’ve been to Vegas.

Kame is a mix of traditional and modern while Kabuto is pretty traditional. I haven’t been to Kabuto since 2015 so not sure if anything changed. If your on FB, check out the photos. Only 8 seats at the bar so make a reservation ahead of time.

Thanks! That is impressive. Will see if I can grab a spot while I’m in Vegas.

What is the best Thai in town?

I like Chada.
Chada Thai & Wine has a more expanded menu. Chada Street is more casual. Both locations are great (food and wine list).

Crispy duck pad kra pow! [worship.gif]

Just returning…

Chada was good, not great this go around.
Bank apparently spends his time at a new restaurant.

Zuma was outstanding.
Every plate was so delicious.
The pork belly skewers were amazing.
Cool swanky vibe.

Jaleo was also excellent.

As above, short rib Benedict at Henry was great, esp with side of beignets/lemon curd.

Here now, actually. All week. Bouchon last night - I really love that place. Was looking for something tonight - Scarpetta is a great call, Joe. Been there a couple times.

Everything is really busy with CES going on.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been out here. I really love Vegas. My wallet, not so much…

From my trip last month

Joel Robuchon -Amazing 5 course meal (no surprise).
Michael Mina; excellent, second best meal
Milos Estatorio, very good but not sure it’s wothy the tariff (unlike JR)
Jose Andeas e - good, with some superlative dishes and a couple of misses
Rivea- very good
RM Seafood (for lunch) ok, won’t go back

had a hell of a meal at Guy Savoy a few weeks back…lovely way to spend 5.5 hours…LOL

Any recommendations for lunch away from the strip?

Lotus of Siam - their Flamingo location is open and the food is still slammin’. Unfortunately, their wine room isn’t open yet and no liquor license as of 1/10.

On Charleston, Tacos el Gordo - super casual and aMAZing eats.

Go up Spring Mountain to China Town and you’ll find loads of places. If you like Ramen or Korean BBQ you won’t be disappointed.

Although close to the strip, lots of locals hang out on Fremont, east of Las Vegas Blvd. The Kitchen at Atomic is da bom - Chef Justin Kingsley Hall is running this place (formerly at Sparrow & Wolf with Chef Brian Howard). Flock & Fowl is close by on LV Blvd - haven’t been yet (my sister raves about this place).

I realize the post is several weeks later. Hope this still helps!

From our trip a couple of weeks ago:

Lotus of Siam on Flamingo - nice, new digs; free corkage while they wait for their liquor license; very good, but the spice scale seemed wimpier than it was in the past. We asked for level 6 on several dishes, and they were not that hot.

Hash House a Go Go in the Linq - We got there around 9am or so and had a two-minute wait. When we left, the line was huge. Very, very big portions (pancake was about 12 inches). We all agreed that the food was good, but not great. I have no need to go back.

OTTO in the Venetian - Pizza was ok, not great, fairly greasy. We also had the Brussels sprouts and beets small plates which were very good. It was a nice location with a 4-year-old, as he could look at the street performers on St. Mark’s Square.

Mesa Grill - A must-visit restaurant for us each trip. They have the best brunch. The basket of breads they bring to the table are so good. We had the scrambled egg chilaquiles. They used to serve this with an over-easy egg, which I prefer. They refused to change the egg preparation upon request. It was still very good. It comes with a side of crispy home fries, which are delicious.

In Vegas this weekend. Any updated recommendations? Boys trip and they’re wanting steak and sushi, but open to any good digs. Bonus for places that don’t break the bank / bars with great cocktails or wine lists.

going this weekend. Gonna do Joe’s Crabs, Scarpetta, hopefully Tacos Gordo, one other dinner friends are picking—the Black Sheep, a Vietnamese place.

Carnevino for steak is amazing, but pricy. The guanciale mashed potatoes are so freakin’ good. If you like Thai, Lotus of Siam is well known & amazing (their Northern Thai dishes are must-haves), but it might be too late to get reservations. They have two locations now, so maybe you have a better shot. Raku is a Japanese small plate place that is also difficult to get into but excellent - prices are good too. If you happen to be in Vegas’ old downtown on Fremont/Las Vegas Blvd, Chef @ Kitchen at Atomic is really good, as is Flock & Fowl, Carson Kitchen, and Esther’s Kitchen. Prices are also better than on the strip. Enjoy!

thanks for the suggestions!

It’s been a year or two since we ate there but we really enjoyed SW and I don’t normally do steak houses. I have eaten at Carnevino in the past and it was good as well but I now boycott due to ownership. I haven’t been but have been told by many that the best bang for the buck steak on the strip is in Circus Circus.

Also in the Wynn is a wine bar that is a nice place to relax. I forget the name but its in the back toward the country club.

Circus is certainly a somewhat undiscovered gem, except for locals. They won the “Best Steakhouse” award in the newspaper poll for many straight years. The main appeal to me is that it is not a la carte. With your steak, you get a choice of soup (black bean is great) or salad plus sides. The steak prices have gone up but were probably too low for years. I have not seen the wine list lately as we bring in wine and a friend gets free corkage. What a deal.

If you go to Circus, the location doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. As you walk through the hotel, you can’t imagine it housing a good restaurant. Once inside, it is an oasis. I’ve got out of town friends that insist on The Steakhouse on every trip.