Las Vegas Restaurant Recommendations

Um, can you repeat that, please? :slight_smile:

Ok Brian, here’s a question. I checked out Lotus of Siam’s wine list, and as I know zilch about German whites, would our server help us choose the right wines or would we be on our own? I think this could be a good learning experience, though, with the 3 oz. pours, and quite fun.

Ask for Bank, give a budget and have at it.

Yep. IMHO, he is one of the top sommeliers around.

Thank you all so much for the recs!

I ate at David Burke last night. The meal was good to very good. The service was very good all the way until the very end and then it flopped. Once I had my entree I was basically ignored until the bill showed up quite a while later. That kind of sucked.

Why does food at a restaurant always taste better than home cooking? I cook quite a bit at home but I must admit the food at most restaurants taste much better than my own cooking. So why do you think restaurant food taste so much better?

affiliateelite ~ affiliateelite.com ~ adgooroo ~ adgooroo.com

I don’t find this to be the case at all. Restaurants typically, though, use a lot of butter and salt, which will seem to make dishes more flavorful. Of course, this is not across the board, as many fine restaurants have delicious food without adding ‘flavor enhancers’ like butter and salt.

However, I’ve had many a home cooked meal that was as good or better than anything I’ve had in a restaurant.

[winner.gif]

It’s amazing what an overload of butter and salt can do. Unfortunately, I love 'em both. Especially butter.

This was a good reco. I popped in for a quick lunch between jobs. Good bacon cheddar burger, threesome and a cold beer to wash it all down. Lots of eye candy.

ree-hee-heaalllly!!??!!??!! [training.gif]

Has anyone been to Michael Mina in the Bellagio lately?

Ive had great meals at Strip Steak…