LA, CA. You've arrived.

In N Out fries are just awful. Even well done. Even animal style. Just terrible. I don’t even bother anymore - just a double-double and a lemonade.

I find Habit fries slightly better, but typically opt for the onion rings since I like the style (thicker batter as opposed to this greasy nonsense we often get here in New England).

I will most definitely have a visit to both on my upcoming trip to AZ.

Umami Burger is where its AT. I wish they would stop delaying and open one (or 5) here in San Diego

who knows. My system works in mysterious ways. I can eat meat sticks off a street cart in Vietnam, milk based drinks at thai street stands, fermented tofu served from a basket and a food scooped from the trunk of a Bahamian lady’s 1983 honda civi and not get have any issues.

But habit… my wife also really likes the place so we occasionally go. She wanted to go last week but I had some self control and thought of our toilets

I feel there are two price classes for fast food burgers.

Of the higher end, I prefer Five Guys to Shake Shack, particularly on the days they get the double cooked fries right.

On the lower end, I will take Dicks (seattle only) or In N Out over most.

We have fat burgers around here, but I have never been. I can’t recall the pricing of Smash Burger but it was just sort of meh. Caveat was an airport location- so I assume not as good as a normal store.

So it IS true!!! Someone somewhere has actually eaten a bag of Dicks.

For even money and even wait-time I’d definitely take Shake Shack. But the fantasy ends there.
Shake Shack is a different price-point than InNOut.

I actually think that Shake Shack is in a strange price point. I’d rather eat a faster and cheaper burger like InNOut , Habit, or Fatburger; or just go ahead and pay a little more than S.S. and eat a better burger at someplace like GoldenState, Father’s Office, Pono, Umami.