Krug Vertical Tasting: Longo Seafood, Rosemead CA 12-1-18

Krug in Los Angeles [wow.gif] I could bring a 2000 or 2004. A Friday or Saturday would work best for me.

My schedule is totally flexible, so I’ll yield to whatever works for others. What works for you?

Hey Scott! I’ll put you down for the 2000, as someone else has volunteered the 2004.

All this is a little bit tentative as we may have people unable to make the chosen date or others who want to join, but for now I’m penciling you in with the 2000.

Charlie, what is the glassware situation at Longo? Are they stocked for something like this?

Jeff Cagle complains there are not enough LA area offlines then sets up the king of all offlines.

Lit.

Why don’t you come join us?!

They’ll give you a few if you want, but best to bring your own stemware if you want more than 1-2. It is no corkage after all

12/29 or 1/5 or 1/19? All saturday

01/05 and 19 work for me, and Charlie don’t forget my beer you can keep the glasses [highfive.gif]

I could most likely work with this… but I would prefer a date closer in if possible. If we start talking months down the road it’s hard for me to foresee what I might have going on at that point. That’s a lot of time for life to happen between now and then. By late December and into January there’s also always a small chance of the grapevine being closed due to snow/ice preventing me from being able to get from Bakersfield to LA.

maybe you should propose some dates then. We’re coming into the holiday season, people have very few saturdays to spare.

If we’re sticking to Saturdays, Nov 10 (not sure if this is enough notice for some), 17, 24, Dec 1?

We can only consider Saturdays (or Fridays)?

For me virtually any day of the week can work, but Scott mentioned Fridays and Saturdays being best for him so I was rolling with that. Whatever allows the highest level of attendance I’m good with.

I am very interested as I am a big time Champagne Geek and of course love Krug. I am not positive yet, as I would be flying in from Ct. I do all the time travel for serious events and just returned from Tampa yesterday from a pretty epic Cabernet event. Especially if a few of you folks or anyone else in the LA are would be willing to do another dinner the next night of any theme my arm could easily be twisted. As the vintages I do have, are mostly replicated, I would offer up the 1990 as long as Eric is ok with bringing the 1988.

If there are people that will flyout for this event, then maybe early December (1 or 8) is the best bet so they have ample time to make the arrangements.

I could do Dec 1st or 8th if we’re sticking to Saturdays. Nov is pretty booked for weekends.

Of Dec 1st and 8th I am only available the 1st.

Is there anyone for whom December 1 does not work?

I was about to say that Dec 1st or 8th could likely work, but the 1st is better as I try not to miss a single Hannukah night and it starts on the 10th…Probably would stay 3 nights. Right now can get round trip non stop which is rare from Htfd for smidgen above $500. Not bad. Have to get ok from gf but she can probably be bribed w a weekend in Newport RI Then I use 105000 total Hilton Honors points for 3 nights at Airport Hilton

I am pretty sure I can do Dec 1 the 8th is possible.

1st works for me.