Kosta Browne is live

The 4 Barrell are good but not usually any better than single vineyards. There were meant to be a special treat as a thank you for buying every year since they started. Just a wine that many couldn’t get and only about 80 cases made.

This is the third year I was offered. I’ve probably been on the list since about the 2005 vintage.

Thanks for the replies and info, all!

Hi, Larry:

I have been on the list at least 9 years. I’ve inquired about it in the past, so maybe that helped move me up, if in fact I did move up. We do buy all the SVD we are offered.

Like a few others here, I’ve been a purchaser since the 2002 vintage. There were a few years where we bought a case of each of the SVDs as well as a case of the 4 Barrel. Since I joined CellarTracker in 2004, we’ve apparently bought more bottles of KB than any other producer.

Also, like a few others, I’m done. There will be 11 more bottles of the 4 Barrel (used to be 12, but a few years ago they claimed there was an accident in the winery and reduced my allocation by a bottle) available, so if you’re still a buyer, you may get “lucky” if you wishlist some.

Wow. 12 bottles of 4 Barrel. I guess I was getting cheated LOL. Bought pretty much a case of single vineyards and a case of regular since 2000. Sometimes more. Was on the LOD list and I got 2 bottles.

If I recall correctly, your initial order of the 1st offering of the 4 Barrel (the 2003 vintage, offered in January 2005) was your ongoing allocation for future vintages.

I believe that’s accurate. My 2003 order was for 6 bottles, and subsequent vintage offers were for 6 bottles, as long as I bought all 6 offered.

Sad to see how the private equity money in wineries/vineyards is driving up prices to unacceptable levels. Moving on to smaller producers who are not trying to capture “the last dollar” from their loyal customers.

The wines are still good, but it’s just are they worth the price point they’ve reached? Many other producers closing in the near $100 per bottle of Pinot. I am sure we could drum up a few names but yeah have to agree with you it’s getting a little ridiculous price wise. As said in previous post wish companies like this the best of luck, but I’ll look for back vintages or these at some point at lower price points when others tire of them or they don’t sell as much.