Kobayashi 2023 winter/spring release

Check instagram for what is coming. Probably won’t be cheap and who knows who qualifies, but it looks awesome:
Extended barrel age Syrah.
A sticky.
And the Mizunara Cab Frank.

Hoping the Viognier comes around too as another release.

2 Likes

But they’re somehow worth every penny.

3 Likes

they really are!

1 Like

I ordered the sticky and the syrah. The sans soufre completely blew me away a in 2022 and I’m a gigantic Kobayashi fan. The cab franc would really be a treat but I’m budgeting big time this year and took a pass on that one.

1 Like

Was there a release that I missed? Bought the proprietary red wine last time so figured I’d get another offer.

1 Like

Pretty certain the offer emails go out in batches, although not sure how the order is determined. If you haven’t received one, I’d expect to receive one this week.

4 Likes

In for two EBA Syrah and the Light of the Night sticky!:wine_glass:

1 Like

What were prices like? My email hasn’t arrived yet, but I’ll be buying to some degree regardless!

1 Like

Haven’t gotten an email yet. Has anyone tried the mizunara Cab Franc? I have four bottles of the ‘19 and will likely add some of the ‘21 if I can.

I had a wine lunch on Friday and Travis was one of the attendees. I had met him before, but both he and Kobayashi have flown under my radar. I haven’t had any of his wines and he didn’t bring any to this tasting, but I was impressed with his passion. I tried to get him to make a grenache in the style of Rayas, but he says his wife would kill him if he starts making more than a handful of offerings at a time.

1 Like

I haven’t received an email yet, so I haven’t been able to read the release letter, but I was able to log in and see my allocation. 2019 Sticky is $85 (max 1) 2019 extended barrel age Syrah is $125 (max 3), 2021 Cab Franc is $225 (max 6).

4 Likes

Same here, no email but allocation was live in my account when I logged in.

1 Like

I signed up for the mailing list mid last year and received an email to set up my account on the site last week. No allocation yet but here’s hoping! Super interested as I’ve heard nothing but good things.

2 Likes

The only offering I’ve received was the box wine, but that was local only. Fingers crossed on a small allocation this time around.

1 Like

I don’t know how much Travis makes, but it’s not a lot. I think the Mizunara is only one barrel, from what I recall.

3 Likes

I didn’t get an email… and I logged in but I don’t have any of the allocation, which is probably why i didn’t get an email.

I am so pressed for storage space, I don’t even mind missing out on this one… I’m not sure how I’m going to survive Berserker Day as it is.

1 Like

Received email this morning and placed order. Was provided same allocation as that mentioned by others above, and picked up 2x Syrah and 2x Mizunara Cab Franc.

1 Like

Suggestion for your next wine name: Dreamcrusher.

Really trying not to buy wine this year, but grabbed 1 dessert wine and one Syrah.

1 Like

Anyone have the login page? I can’t seem to find it…