Kelley Fox Wines - BD13palooza

This is probably not that helpful as I am not going to give you a specific note, but I’m on the KF wine club deal and get the wines shipped every six months or so. My wife and I rip through them. They’re really damn good. I’ve been drinking Oregon pinots for about 16 straight vintages at this point and my dad drinks more of it than anything else. After tasting through dozens of producers, I now get three each cycle. Goodfellow, Kelley Fox, Arterberry Maresh. KF’s wines are really excellent mid-weight pinots with great aromatics, good fruit without ever being too rich or jammy, and really beautiful florals and baking spice notes. I still have never had a KF wine that I did not enjoy.

I reached out to some of the winemakers on this board about Oregon producers I should try out. Kelley Fox was a frequent suggestion from the other Oregon winemakers. That said a lot to me, and KF’s wines certainly lived up to the hype.

5 Likes

We had dinner with Kelley at a pre-IPNC event ten (?) years ago. Sorry I haven’t had the chance to keep up with her work, but optimistic that 2019 Maresh set should show it in a good light.

1 Like

I have been hearing so much about Kelley Fox wines! This was a great opportunity to try this out. Placed an order for the mixed set. Thanks for putting some very interesting offers together!

1 Like

Imagine if Shakespeare were alive today:

For he to-day that sheds his budget with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That bought Kelley Fox with us upon Berserker day.

2 Likes

In for a mixed case. We visited with Dustin this summer and the wines were just dreamy. Dustin is also dreamy but I’m sure he gets that a lot.

1 Like

Do tell.

1 Like

Thank you all for your love and support. You Berserkers are truly the best! We can’t wait to meet more of you and share these stunning wines and stories.

1 Like

Dang it - tried to order two of the Maresh Tour and got a note at checkout that quantity not available. Went through with a single order - looks like I got the last one!

1 Like

Such great offers from “my favorite mythical creature!” The ONE… the ONLY… KELLEY FOX!!!

1 Like

Grabbed some Maresh and the WV Blanc. Now to plan a day down to the Valley to pick it up!

Kelley’s wines are some of the most beautiful and expressive wines from anywhere, for those who don’t know. She has one of the most unique and instinctual approaches I’ve come across in my wine life. Kelley and Dustin are top of the line in what they do and I love them both!

In for a Hyland 3-pack

How are you typically enjoying this? Just a chilled apertif?

Todd, I’m not chilling it, just drinking it at cool room temp — but, yes, an aperitif or digestif.

But refrigerate overnight, assuming you don’t drink the bottle in one sitting.