Just Suppose.........

Here’s what I’d be looking at in order of importance to me:

Your choices sound tasty; your interests don’t intersect mine too much, but I would say that if you’ve never had a mature Monte Bello, it is worth a look. I see the 1990 at $175. It’s good. Not as good as the 1991 and 1992 to my tastes, but I think you’d view it as a good splurge. It has sharpened up in recent years (I was motoring through it thinking it was past prime, then voila! it found another gear).

If you’ve never done a higher-dollar splurge buy, do a couple of bottles instead of a bunch with the windfall.

Cheers,
fred

I figure I will go ahead and bid on these wines this week. Right now, I tend to lean towards Dennis, and with two bottles of each. If anybody has drunk these wines and has any comments, I would appreciate it.

Lots of older, elegant, complex, delicious California cabernet and merlot, around $30 each.

And??? Update?

I’ve been lucky enough to taste a LOT of Ch Montelena, all the way back to 1987. 2005 was a decent year so I’d feel safe purchasing it. Recently had a 2002 and 2007 La Jota and thoroughly enjoyed both. As a matter of fact, the only wine that upstaged the 2007 that particular evening was a 1986 Haut Brion, and that was just by a nose IMO.

Okay, now looking at:
2005 Chateau Montelena (1)
1995 Beringer Private Reserve (1)
1995 Robert Mondavi Reserve (2)
1995 La Jota Anniversary (2)

How’s that look? Any clinkers here?

Go for it. [cheers.gif]

Got my bids in on the above listed wine.

Victor said “Lots of older, elegant, complex, delicious California cabernet and merlot, around $30 each.” Which ones would you suggest Victor??

A lot of stuff ended up selling on this past Sunday. Use the above search, to keep a lookout.
Winebid has been my favorite source for a long time. (No affiliation.)

16 bottles of 1977 Beaulieu Rutherford

Just got an email telling me I won:
2 bottles 1995 Robert Mondavi Reserve CS
1 bottle 2005 Chateau Montelena CS
1 bottle 1995 Beringer Private Reserve CS

Don’t tell Noah.